Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put the upper and lower TTR mounts on my 2013 VT. They are awesome. But someone mentioned mounts under the battery and on the front I need to look at as well. I am a bit skeptical as I can't find them and figured you braniacs would be able to help me out.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
I just put the upper and lower TTR mounts on my 2013 VT. They are awesome. But someone mentioned mounts under the battery and on the front I need to look at as well. I am a bit skeptical as I can't find them and figured you braniacs would be able to help me out.
If you're referring to the actual transmission mounts they usually do t have as much importance to the motor tranny assembly as the upper and lower engine mounts.

Transmission mount can found by removing the driver front wheel and remove a plastic cover that gives you access to the left driver side tranny mount.
Again I really wouldn't worry about the tranny mounts. 馃憤

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e only done the dogbone inserts... they have been in the car for over 120k as well as 30k+ in my previous veloster.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Nobody makes the other mount for the transmission. Not many cars would need them. My VT is one of the quickest in the world pulling mid to low 4 second 0-60 mph with only a lower mount.

Registered
Nobody makes the other mount for the transmission. Not many cars would need them. My VT is one of the quickest in the world pulling mid to low 4 second 0-60 mph with only a lower mount.
Imagine what it could do with the upper mount! :)

Registered
Imagine what it could do with the upper mount! :)
Vibrate like heck and give new meaning to NVH buzziness. 馃槀馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒
He's probably spin his tires more on launch which would lower his 60 foot times and ultimately his et.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have both the vibration is rough day one but after breaking in it really is not bad. But I think the mechanic did not secure the calipers when he replaced my CV axles. I can see the pads touching the rotor and it squeals.

Super Moderator
calipers shouldnt have to get touched when replacing the axles...

Registered
2013 VT
PSA, The main tech at the (very reputable) Hyundai dealership I've been going to for years said that having a lower poly mount creates extra stress on the top (OEM) mount. They've seen it a lot on Velosters. My top mount has failed at approximately 69k, and I'm at 75k now. He actually advised I get the TTR upper if running poly mounts for full longevity. The difference in material between the two matters, and has a lot to do with how the force is applied through the motor.
I'm not willing to personally commit to more NVH on my daily driver and will likely keep a (new) OEM top mount and keep using my Sxth lower mount anyway. At most, I'll keep an eye on the top mount if it comes to another early replacement.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
PSA, The main tech at the (very reputable) Hyundai dealership I've been going to for years said that having a lower poly mount creates extra stress on the top (OEM) mount. They've seen it a lot on Velosters. My top mount has failed at approximately 69k, and I'm at 75k now. He actually advised I get the TTR upper if running poly mounts for full longevity. The difference in material between the two matters, and has a lot to do with how the force is applied through the motor.
I'm not willing to personally commit to more NVH on my daily driver and will likely keep a (new) OEM top mount and keep using my Sxth lower mount anyway. At most, I'll keep an eye on the top mount if it comes to another early replacement.
This is very true.

Registered
What durometer are you using on the lower mount, street or race?

Im running the 85 durometer lower and by itself it wasn't too bad with the nvh.
I then got the TTR upper mount and replaced all the exhaust hangers with poly hangers and the NVH is wow. 馃槀
I have a feeling that most of that NVH is from the poly exhaust hangers but never swapped back to the rubber mounts to find out. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒
I'm used to it and really don't mind it at all. The last few cars have all had poly engine mounts so it's something I've gotten used to and yeah it's a daily driver when I'm home and rarely does anyone ride shotgun so....... 馃槣

Registered
2013 VT
What durometer are you using on the lower mount, street or race?

Im running the 85 durometer lower and by itself it wasn't too bad with the nvh.
I then got the TTR upper mount and replaced all the exhaust hangers with poly hangers and the NVH is wow. 馃槀
I have a feeling that most of that NVH is from the poly exhaust hangers but never swapped back to the rubber mounts to find out. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔忦煒
I'm used to it and really don't mind it at all. The last few cars have all had poly engine mounts so it's something I've gotten used to and yeah it's a daily driver when I'm home and rarely does anyone ride shotgun so....... 馃槣
I'm using 'street', so they're 70 I believe.

Ah, you're braver than I am with that top mount lol. I too have all poly exhaust hangers and wish I hadn't tbh. I've got 7+ suspension/bracing mods for just the front end alone and I'm starting to learn (the hard way) there is such a thing as too stiff. I personally love it, and my 2 1/2 year old says "weeeeeeee" all the time, (I think it gives the car character and I don't mind heavy feedback), but it's noticeably, uh.. bouncy and harsh for just about everybody else.

Super Moderator
i dont want to pay for poly exhaust hangers, and after a track session my exhaust rattles the rear beam while everything is really hot. the fix was a worm gear clamp around the hanger right behind the muffler. genius.... been that way for 7 years now lol

Registered
i dont want to pay for poly exhaust hangers, and after a track session my exhaust rattles the rear beam while everything is really hot. the fix was a worm gear clamp around the hanger right behind the muffler. genius.... been that way for 7 years now lol
Any pics of this? 馃馃え

Super Moderator
yeah i can go snap one later lol

Super Moderator

Reactions: L3g10n and misnblu
1 - 17 of 17 Posts