Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to disable the "nag screen" on the NAV display? Every time I start the car I have to agree to not look at the Nav while driving, lol!
My Nissan 370Z does not do this. I agree'd to it once and it never came back. My Lincoln with Sync, however, does make me agree each time and there is no unlock to disable it. Searched but found no answers...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm with matte...even my '08 Wrangler would at least go to the Nav screen after about 15 seconds even if you didn't "agree" to drive responsibly or whatever the warning says (honestly, I just see "agree" and push knowing that's what it takes to get past the screen and selecting agree doesn't mean I've internalized what it is they're saying and honestly in some states it won't dissolve Hyundai of being liable for some things - that would be like me saying, "I mean no disrespect, but" and then I can libel all day long).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am very interested in this too.

The thing I don't get that is that there is a delay in the agree button being available. So what ends up happening is that I start driving and then have to look away from they road to touch the small agree button on smooth screen. The safety feature actually seems unsafe to me.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I am very interested in this too.

The thing I don't get that is that there is a delay in the agree button being available. So what ends up happening is that I start driving and then have to look away from they road to touch the small agree button on smooth screen. The safety feature actually seems unsafe to me.
Yep, I know what you mean. I quite often pull away and drive a fair distance before I notice the screen is sat in the 'agree' condition. Then I have to reach over and tap the screen. Sometimes I just wish it would stay blank until I want to use it.
Reverse is a different matter. I've always looked at the screen before pulling away, altho I don't always use the camera. Maybe it's the camera switching off in the corner of my eye that grabs my attention :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
The weirdest thing is that sometimes it is ok to press agree straight away and then sometimes it's half way down the street...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts