Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone else here had the recall performed and noticed if it made any difference in how the car performs? I am scheduling mine and then will be comparing the ecu files to see what they change from the 2013 stock file. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my software update on Thursday. I've noticed that the turbo flutter has dissipated. I use to get it depending on the temperature/humidity outside or if I had the A/C on or not. Overall though I have not noticed any since the software update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had a 2013 in which suffered the engine failure, as a result of this recall hyundai is investigating a possible reimbursment as my cylinders blew.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had a 2013 in which suffered the engine failure, as a result of this recall hyundai is investigating a possible reimbursment as my cylinders blew.
How much out of pocket did you have to pay for the new engine? Still have the VT?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my software update on Thursday. I've noticed that the turbo flutter has dissipated. I use to get it depending on the temperature/humidity outside or if I had the A/C on or not. Overall though I have not noticed any since the software update.
I got mine yesterday and I still hear the flutter...I wonder if they were just nice and gave you a little extra update :p...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Update, I do notice turbo flutter with A/C on. But not nearly as bad as pre-update.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I noticed the difference after my first full tank of 91 octane after the ECU reprogram. I buy nothing else now.

$26 per full tank on Regular (Ethanol)
$34 per full tank on Premium (Ethanol Free)
**Oklahoma

A $6 difference is worth it to me -I should have known better...

I also add half a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil to the tank every fill-up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Update, I do notice turbo flutter with A/C on. But not nearly as bad as pre-update.
Just a thought, the AC compressor has a big power drain on the electrical system, it's either normal (my last 3 cars ran like sht with AC on) - normal- meaning it's the OEM wiring and power distribution there isn't much can be done.
Or, either the AC compressor is on its way out, or the battery can't keep the Amps.
I remember my brother (former Audi mechanic) fixed my car by just fighting me to replace my battery, we were literally yelling with each other,I was saying my battery is good as it gets and he was saying that I just think my battery is good but I don't know jack sht. He was right.
Again,my 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Dallas21
Veloster Turbo Forum
This is the Veloster Turbo forum where you can learn all the tips and mods to make your Hyundai Veloster Turbo faster and talk about the new Veloster N!
Full Forum Listing