Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo KDMTUNERS Stuffed Turbo, 845 FMIC, and Injen CAI5
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2013 auto VT back in February of 2020 and the car was doing fine until the turbo started going out. I replaced it with a stuffed turbo not knowing that the engine was extremely weak and ended up tossing a rod. So I went looking and found a dirt cheap steal of a 2016 VT engine. When I went to go buy it the dealership told me it wouldn't fit, the seller told me it wouldn't fit, but the forums list many times that it has been done. So im just wondering if anybody out there that has done this swap can tell me what exactly was the hardest part as I'm now having to do it by myself since no shop wants to do it. When I contacted Thatbluevt about his swap all he said was the transfer plate is all the needed to be brought over so if you guys have any ideas as to why this won't work LMK.

Thank you in advance

P.s. The 2016 engine came from an automatic

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
There are differences with the engines after the 2015 model if I'm correct. Plus you'd have to find an ecu for the 2016 engine as well. Changes were made with some of the sensors and the 2013 ecu woul have to be switched out.
A 2014 engine would fit right in and would be your best bet.

Anyone else here can add a little light on this subject to help out?
It's been a while since I had my head in the engine swap soup. 馃槀馃槈

Super Moderator
It will fit not many differences, use your original coil packs, and anything else that looks different.

Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
The engine itself will swap over no problem. I'd mod the engine a touch before installing though especially if you have a stuffed turbo already.

Registered
2013 Veloster Turbo KDMTUNERS Stuffed Turbo, 845 FMIC, and Injen CAI5
Discussion Starter #5
The engine itself will swap over no problem. I'd mod the engine a touch before installing though especially if you have a stuffed turbo already.
I plan on arp headbolts and just a simple tune for my pre existing bolt ons including turbo if im not wrong im sure the automatic transmission can only handle 320 whp correct me if im wrong.

Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Good deal. Just be sure get a good tune and not just a popularity vote tune. More than 320 whp has been made by the turbo and by the auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts