Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need to replace the lower radiator hose, the one on the passenger side. I can see the top end but I can't see the lower end. If I just removed the bumper, would I be able to reach and remove the lower hose? What would be the best way to replace this hose with minimum removing of other things?
Thank you and much appreciated!

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,784 Posts
I removed them before and best to remove many things including the radiator

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
A step? You need to remove the radiator and anything that required to remove it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A step? You need to remove the radiator and anything that required to remove it.
So I managed to get to the lower radiator hose and it turns out it's not the hose leaking, but the L shaped coupling that connects the lower hose to the radiator. I'm trying to replace this coupling and I can't find the part number. Does anyone know what the part number is? I looked at a Veloster radiator diagram and it doesn't show up. Please help! Thank you again!
2013 Veloster Turbo

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
I have not seen that piece leak before but I have seen the hose itself not sealing to the piece. If this is the case the sometimes you can remove the hose, clean hose and the inlet piece, then install. If this does not work a new hose is needed. If it is the piece itself then most cases will be easier and best outcome to get a low mileage oem radiator and swap them out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not seen that piece leak before but I have seen the hose itself not sealing to the piece. If this is the case the sometimes you can remove the hose, clean hose and the inlet piece, then install. If this does not work a new hose is needed. If it is the piece itself then most cases will be easier and best outcome to get a low mileage oem radiator and swap them out.
It's the coupling connection to the radiator that's leaking. I looked at replacement radiators and they do not come with the coupling. So either way, I need to buy that thing. Does anyone know the part number for that L shaped coupling?

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
Are you 100% the leak is at the radiator connection and not the hose itself not sealing? I seen this a good bit and mostly it is the hose no longer sealing.

I suggest low mileage oem radiator or see if Albert Hwang on FB can get you the specific piece. If he can it will be the best price you'll find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts