Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So, Cerma engine and Nano treatments ordered (Cerma included a free fuel treatement also) with nice discount using promo code xeperformance (Thanks E9C900a for posting a link in another thread), and catch cans to be ordered this week as soon as I can get in/under the car to find a good mount location so I know what physical size cans to order (as these cars have almost zero room under the hood). Car is still running well, and I want to keep it that way.

Do you recommend running a pressurized intake valve cleaner through to get rid of any possible carbon deposits considering my mileage (88k)? Thanks in advance.

Rich

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i recommend venting to atmosphere :)

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
@Richtazz
Have you borescoped the cylinders to see how much hydrocarbon deposition there is?

Try to avoid using chemical intake cleaners, as the octane of those solutions are very low. Rev the car too much while that stuff is in there and you could blow a head gasket. Yes, this actually happened to someone here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
@Richtazz
Have you borescoped the cylinders to see how much hydrocarbon deposition there is?

Try to avoid using chemical intake cleaners, as the octane of those solutions are very low. Rev the car too much while that stuff is in there and you could blow a head gasket. Yes, this actually happened to someone here.
I have not been able to boroscope the cylinders. It is running very well, good power and smooth while driving, 31.8 mpg around town, just an occasional sputter at idle which is why I think there may be some slight deposits in there. How hard is it to remove the intake to inspect/clean the valves from above? Can that be done without removing the head?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have not been able to boroscope the cylinders. It is running very well, good power and smooth while driving, 31.8 mpg around town, just an occasional sputter at idle which is why I think there may be some slight deposits in there. How hard is it to remove the intake to inspect/clean the valves from above? Can that be done without removing the head?
I plan on doing this soon. Just gotta buy a portable blaster, good compressor, walnuts and a vacuum. I bought a intake port adapter for the vacuum and compressor gun on ebay.

Just gotta remove the intake manifold, tape things up, make sure the valves are closed and blast away. Lots of tutorials on other platforms out there.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts