Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It was a little cramped with the car on ramps. Its pretty much one nut and 2 clamps. Be prepared for some coolant to come flying out when you pull the 2 hoses. I sure was not and made a massive mess. Have a jug on hand to top it back off when you are done. I also found that removing the lower charge pipe made things much easier giving more room to work and move things around.

My car also never dripped, it all seemed to cling to the engine and charge hose and spread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks so much for taking the time to write and update your issue. I think I am having the same problem. Your pictures could have been from under my 2013 Veloster Turbo!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I’m shocked they don’t sell a gasket. We replace this gasket on a fairly routine interval on Subaru engines at work. Don’t even have to let the coolant out, we drop the center bolt, clean, and slip a new gasket in. It’s basically the same as an oil filter gasket on those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had same issue, it was leaking really bad and fixed it using a thermostatic valve o-ring p/n: 8AH1-15-171 or cross reference P/n 35555. I dont know why they don't sale the o-ring by itself. Let you know later if what I did last.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had same issue, it was leaking really bad and fixed it using a thermostatic valve o-ring p/n: 8AH1-15-171 or cross reference P/n 35555. I dont know why they don't sale the o-ring by itself. Let you know later if what I did last.
Did it work? Any update

·
Registered
1 Posts
Figured I would update on this problem. I gave up with Hyundai and their warranty, pulled the oil cooler myself and cleaned it all up. Oil cooler was fine with no damage. I wound up using a small bead of liquid gasket along with the original rubber O-seal (ghetto i know but why not)......couple thousand miles and no leaks. Ill never understand why the little rubber seal that is on the cooler cannot be purchased separately. I found a few oil filter gaskets that almost matched but decided it was not worth the hassle.
Thanks for that idea of using gasket sealer, I had same problem and used some gasket seal over the old gasket that was cracked in 2 spots that caused the leak, all good now. That area of the oil cooler is a pain in the ass to work on! 😬

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Just using gasket maker is not going to solve any issues long term here. While in there should have replaced with a better replacement O-Ring.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts