Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm changing my spark plugs on my 2013 Veloster Turbo. I am not gonna mod my car whatsoever power-wise. No tune, no intake, just an exhaust.

I know that OEM 13 Turbo plugs had a Heat Range 6, 14s had a Heat Range 7, and 16+ had a Heat Range of 8. Should I just use Heat Range 6 plugs? I'm hearing some people say just stick to the factory 6, while others are telling me to use Heat Range 8 plugs. Would Heat Range 7's be fine? Not sure which plugs to use. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,654 Posts
In your scenario get the oem plugs from a 16+ VT or 19+ VN and gap to .028". If anyone says any different just disregard them. Lol! There is a reason why hyundai went from hr6 to hr7 to hr8 whe power output never changed on the same engine. I can see the difference when datalogging cars on the different heat ranges especially as temperatures go up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In your scenario get the oem plugs from a 16+ VT or 19+ VN and gap to .028". If anyone says any different just disregard them. Lol! There is a reason why hyundai went from hr6 to hr7 to hr8 whe power output never changed on the same engine. I can see the difference when datalogging cars on the different heat ranges especially as temperatures go up.
What are your thoughts on NGK spark plugs? Do you recommend the OEM plugs over NGK ones? Also if we are referring to OEM 16+ plugs, is this the correct part number? (18849-08080).
If you suggest NGK plugs, which ones? NGK 1422 ILKR8E6?

Is either choice fine, as long as they're gapped correctly?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,654 Posts
If on the oem tune get the oem plugs mentioned and be sure gap is .028" on all of them before installing. The oem plugs are NGK. Those are the correct part number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts