Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2014 Veloster turbo with 160k miles on it! I haven't had any problem at all (other than the first turbo going out but it was covered under warranty many years ago) other than just the other day. I went to crank it up and it started jumping very badly. So badly I had to pull it back in the garage and not drive it. I still had about 600 miles till my next oil change (have changed it every 5k miles and I always put a quarter of Lucas in it). First think I did was check the oil and it was about 2 and half quarts low on oil. No oil spots or signs of leaks at all. when I put more oil in it it did not jump any more and I have driven it about 300 more miles since and haven't had any problems with it. Has anyone else had a similar problem? What would cause it to burn so much oil in less than 5k miles? I am open to any and all advice for maintenance that should be done on a 2014 also, I have basically only done, oil changes, tire rotations and changed the spark plugs about 60k miles ago. I would love for this care to last another 100k miles so anything I can do to up my chances im game for!

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
If you're doing 5k oil and filter changes then you probably doing most everything else poorly on maintenance as well. This will create issues like oil consumption to show themselves quicker and cause engines and other components like the turbo to fail quicker as well.

What to do from here depends on the past maintenance record and current condition of everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're doing 5k oil and filter changes then you probably doing most everything else poorly on maintenance as well. This will create issues like oil consumption to show themselves quicker and cause engines and other components like the turbo to fail quicker as well.

What to do from here depends on the past maintenance record and current condition of everything.
Dang I must be behind, I thought that 5k oil changes was better than what everything recommends. What would you recommend? what would you recommended needs to be done from here? nothing as ever given me a problem except the oil burning just recently.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
3k oil and filter change max. Proper oil only. The recommended brands you can search but you may need to go to a different weight if consumption is truly high. Oem filter only. New oem coils every 50-60k miles. New plugs every 50-60k miles. Plug will depend on tune in the car. Filters may need changing. The valvetrane likely needs to be freshen up. And much much more likely needs to be addressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts