Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the few things that has me sitting on the fence about the 2013 Veloster Turbo is that it is a first year car.

I'll start the silly season with my predictions about the 2014 Veloster Turbo.

1. It will cost a little more
2. The steering will get a minor revision and maybe a button to make it stiffer
3. It will get a HID headlight option
4. The suspension will remain essentially unchanged
5. The motor will remain essentially unchanged
6. The cruise control will get the adaptive feature that was originally promised

Maybe there will be a Turbo sport model with additional suspension tuning and custom colors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
One of the few things that has me sitting on the fence about the 2013 Veloster Turbo is that it is a first year car.

I'll start the silly season with my predictions about the 2014 Veloster Turbo.

1. It will cost a little more
2. The steering will get a minor revision and maybe a button to make it stiffer
3. It will get a HID headlight option
4. The suspension will remain essentially unchanged
5. The motor will remain essentially unchanged
6. The cruise control will get the adaptive feature that was originally promised

Maybe there will be a Turbo sport model with additional suspension tuning and custom colors.
Another alternative is to add a higher end package and keep the base cost of the VT down. Like the rumoured 'R-Spec', it'd keep the base pricing aggressive compared to the other alternatives in the category.

2. Selectable steering like in the Elantra GT would be nice, though the electric steering is really bland right now - its a Hyundai flaw right now and is the same across their catalog.
3. Xenons self leveling projectors would be nice.
4. Not surprised if this will happen, but a 'track' spec package may entice customers
5. The current 1.6T is pretty good. considering the other engines out there, great power, torque and fuel economy. Might not sound as nice, but it works.
6. Laser adaptive is nice, I drove my ex-gf's A5 and it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Dang it! I'm about to buy my 2013 VT in a couple weeks, you're making me want to hold back!!
It will be fun to see what changes, but I'd much rather have it sooner than later.

Reactions: Keith_Stone

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Maybe a new special paint color? Sort of like the Scion RS cars (although not specifically numbered)

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Doubt there will be much focus on this car, they are primary working on developing more power for the Genesis Coupe. The only thing you'll see in 2014 is the seat belt reach piece that only comes on the driver side will now be available for both front seats.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Woo hoo!! I thought I'd have to wait another 3 weeks for the Motozuma down payment thing... but they got my car and it'll be here Saturday. They'll just post date the check til next month :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
How about 274hp from sonata turbo on a 4 wheel drive platform and a convertible for elantra coupe

·
Registered
252 Posts
If they by chance offer either Iron "Ma'am" Silver or Elite White with the brick red colored leather interior, Josh will be trading...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think we will see essentially the 2013 VT in 2014 for a grand or two more.

The price increase for both VT's won't be obvious but will come through packaging.

·
Registered
252 Posts
^agree 100%. It's still too "new" for them to make a dramatic change.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right?

Especially since Hyundai/KIA is going to use the identical drivetrain for 2 more cars in 2014.

I think that is good news for us 2013 VT owners because it means Hyundai is satisfied with the drivetrain. I kind of expected a mild revision of the VT's drivetrain before it was used on mainstream models.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bet they don't change a damn thing. I used to be a salesman at Hyundai and they make changes about every two years.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
According to Korea stock sound system gets upgraded to beats audio. Engine is upgraded to 204hp, though because of regulations, you'll still be at 201, I'm guessing. Not sure if the new larger brakes or sport tuned suspension is the same or if it'll carry over...2 new colors (for Korea) Ice ..ew.. and petrol gray? Front parking sensors and heated/cooled seats are avail on a package now, but that might not make it across the pacific.
No R spec, but a D spec :)

????? ????

It is very interesting on the other side of the water over there in korea. I don't know if we are short of getting the news letter or if we just aren't getting all the goodies like them but I sure hope we get some of those new features they are getting.

·
Registered
353 Posts
One thing we know for sure... hydraulic hood lifts :D lol

Reactions: UHF3 and MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
418 Posts
It is very interesting on the other side of the water over there in korea. I don't know if we are short of getting the news letter or if we just aren't getting all the goodies like them but I sure hope we get some of those new features they are getting.
If north america does get some of these upgrades, it could also mean some can be taken off. Then tack on a upgrade price like one poster said.

Personally they can do without the black piano finish on the door and side mirrors. It's a scratch magnet

1 - 20 of 30 Posts