Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the car to be louder than it is stock, way too quiet if you ask me, but my concern is that itll sound way too Civicish if you catch my drift, if i get it straight piped will it sound more Civicish or STIish? or should i just buy a Borla S-Type exhaust?

·
Registered
984 Posts
if you are going for sound & aesthetics, csatless dp with a 3 inch exhaust, none of that 2.5 inch shit

·
Registered
984 Posts
welp, borla exhaust if I remembered correctly was more than a tune lol, but if I were you, I'd hit up a local trustworthy exhaust shop to hook you up.

I went cheap & unbolted my oem exhaust (no cutting) & of course kept oem dp on & slapped on a 3 inch str8 pipe passed the rear seats with a dump. It's loud, but you either love or hate loud cars. It def doesn't sound like a civic rice burner but more like a roar. The cold starts on our cars is gnar for sure though so there's no getting passed that. Ive heard 2.5 inch exhausts on the VT & they just don't cut it for me, but thats my opinion.

Here's a vid my cold start:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yo GQ that sounds good IMO! Gurgly! Why'd you decide to put the oem dp back on? Think it would have been too loud? I may remove the stock muffler to see if I can stand it or not lol

Any post of you revving it out or going through the gears?

welp, borla exhaust if I remembered correctly was more than a tune lol, but if I were you, I'd hit up a local trustworthy exhaust shop to hook you up.

I went cheap & unbolted my oem exhaust (no cutting) & of course kept oem dp on & slapped on a 3 inch str8 pipe passed the rear seats with a dump. It's loud, but you either love or hate loud cars. It def doesn't sound like a civic rice burner but more like a roar. The cold starts on our cars is gnar for sure though so there's no getting passed that. Ive heard 2.5 inch exhausts on the VT & they just don't cut it for me, but thats my opinion.

Here's a vid my cold start:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yo GQ that sounds good IMO! Gurgly! Why'd you decide to put the oem dp back on? Think it would have been too loud? I may remove the stock muffler to see if I can stand it or not lol

Any post of you revving it out or going through the gears?
I have always had my OEM DP on. Never had a HF DP, but would like to get one in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didnt like how the car sounded with a muffler delete. I made a custom magnaflow axle back that copied the solo S shape and it sounded nice. Now the car has a custom axle back with dual exit using a totoflow muffler ( I know, chambered muffler bad). I plan on going back to a magnaflow in place of the resonator and replace the chambered totoflow with a Y pipe if i keep the car past this year. This video the rest of the exhaust is stock. Did some tinkering in HPtuners with the DFCO and she has a nice pop and gurgle decelerating and revving now. The first video was recorded with dslr and external mic and the cold start was done with a cellphone so keep that in mind.

And a cold start on the same setup

55495963_2340461212651773_5827571808018104320_n.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts