Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new Velsoter owner, a 2015 Veloster Turbo, automattic.

I was reading through the owners manual, and per the manual it was saying that Hyundai recommends an oil change every 7500 miles or 6 months, is that correct? I personally have always done mine every 3000 miles or so.

Also it's just shy of 30K miles, so I'll be setting up the 30K mile check up here soon. That being said how often should the transmission fluid be changed?

Thanks in advance for the help and feedback.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Oil every 3k with good synthetic oil. Look on forum to find the most recommended ones.

Trans is ok for a while unless you push the car hard then changes would be needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. I normally do it every 3k to 4k miles but again the owners manual said every 7500 miles which seems high but it's a newer car and I know that isnt in common now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
With port injection you can run Synthetic oil up to 7000 miles+
Since we have Direct fuel injection, the motor oil will break down faster due to fuel contamination. That's why we recommend 3k intervals or 3.5k the most. This is true for any GDI. It's not a Hyundai thing (people get that mixed up...a lot). Me personally, I use Motul X-cess 8100. Perfect for our cars. Other option is Pennzoil **Ultra** Platinum.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Keep an eye on amazon for pennzoil ultra platinum, I can usually get it for 25 for a 5 quart jug (sometimes you can even get another 10 bucks off mail in rebate), just make sure to order it head of time since it's usually back ordered.

As for filters, you'd be surprised what you can get with the dealership. I went in one day and asked them since I'm doing my own oil changes and technically am supposed to get free service, can they give me a deal on filters, even got a gallon of hyundai coolant for pretty cheap. I honestly do it just to show my face and visit the dealership now and then so that if something happens and I need to have warranty work done they might be more inclined to ignore the small changes to the car. (AKA the engine explodes and needs to be towed straight to the dealership with no time to swap parts back out to stock)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
PUP 5w-30 is always on walmarts website for 26 bucks & pep boys is usually the only auto parts store i know of that carries it on hand, but more expensive around 40 bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just brought my 2019 R-Spec in for the first dealer free oil change. I asked the tech what oil they use and said Synthetic Blend 5W-30 which is also listed on the ticket.
According to the manual, the oil should be ACEA A5/B5. Most FULL SYNTHETIC oils on the market meet the A5/B5, but I haven't found any synthetic blend meeting A5/B5.
Anyone else have the dealer use or recommend a Synthetic Blend vs 100% Full Synthetic? I have an email into Hyundai USA asking the same question.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
stick to full synthetic! Don't jus try to meet Hyundai's oil standards, you're car will NOT last long at all.

Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep. I intend to stay with M1 or Amsoil as I have for all my cars. I was trying to see if Hyundai has some reason why they would slide to a Synthetic Blend.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yep. I intend to stay with M1 or Amsoil as I have for all my cars. I was trying to see if Hyundai has some reason why they would slide to a Synthetic Blend.
don't utilize mobil1 in you're car either! Amsoil, PuP & Motul should be the only oils utilized

Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought Mobil1 had a decent reputation. What's the problem?

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you have the turbo model you NEED to be using something with "SN Plus" on the API label on the back ( its a circle eith a bunch of letter codes on it). GDI Turbo cars suffer from LSPI (low speed pre-ignition) and this oil was designed to combat that. I use O'reilly Auto Parts brand, 5w-30 synthetic, every 3k miles. I also add a touch of STP oil treatment (about 1/4 cup) to it. I run my car hard, street racing every weekend, 60k miles & it's still running strong. AND, its a 2013 fully modded & tuned, so that's kind of a miracle, lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts