Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Veloster Turbo, White, Manual, Sunroof
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new spoiler for my VT but there doesn't seem like a good option to buy it from. I want it to be paint matched (white), but I’m not sure where to buy it from. I want a d1 style spoiler which I will attach a picture at the end of this post. I've looked at socal garage works but they only have a $500+ carbon fiber one. Do you guys know a good place to buy this kind of spoiler and maybe even a place I can buy it in the color I want?

·
Registered
2016 VT
19 Posts
Its out of stock at the moment, but turbosocks sells a fiberglass version (Shop | www.turbosocks.com) that comes unpainted. I don't think theres any way you can buy a prepainted one. So if you want one thats paint matched, you'll have to bring it to a shop or do it yourself.

I bought this one and it came in a grey primer, and it needed some work to smooth out the seams. I used SEM trim black to paint mine myself and it came out subpar, so I'll probably end up getting it professionally painted in the future.

So if you want yours paint matched, I'd recommend bringing it to a shop and getting it done well. That will cost you a pretty penny, so I'd have to guess a paint matched fiberglass one will cost just as much or more than the carbon one. Or you could do it yourself, but if you don't already have professional painting experience I wouldn't recommend that.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
There’s a company that makes it better in the US I can’t think of the name. And they have a carbon version.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Don’t buy knockoffs for the love of whatever you find holy lol. Screw Turbosocks, SoCal, etc. DG Motorsports is the actual company that designed that spoiler. They don’t mold it either like these other cheap ones do, it’s all hand laid fiberglass. I’ve had it for years now and it hasn’t chipped or anything like the garbage ones out there. And yes, you can request carbon fiber if you’d like.

·
Super Moderator
3,545 Posts
DGmotorsports.. thank you! that's the one. that's the real deal.

i agree with dedmembraine. i'm over a bunch of the vendors lol.

Reactions: DedMemBRaiNE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for a new spoiler for my VT but there doesn't seem like a good option to buy it from. I want it to be paint matched (white), but I’m not sure where to buy it from. I want a d1 style spoiler which I will attach a picture at the end of this post. I've looked at socal garage works but they only have a $500+ carbon fiber one. Do you guys know a good place to buy this kind of spoiler and maybe even a place I can buy it in the color I want? View attachment 106106
What are the tires and rims?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts