Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed my 2016 VT (Sept '16 complianced) does not have a CD player and also doesn't appear to display the outside air temp on the 7" touch screen like i see in many pics of other velosters on the net.

Anyone on here got a 2016 VT and know how to display the ambient air temp?

IMG_3303.jpg

Reactions: Zapper

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
maybe if you get out of airplay?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
maybe if you get out of airplay?
Nah even in other screens there's no air temp. Only clock. It might not have it at all? Weird considering it has auto climate control.

cd4782687499562990682.jpg

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You have a giant Voice button too! My 14 doesn't have a giant Voice button!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if you ever got this answered, but this is an aftermarket radio. I've seen them on Amazon and ebay; they fit exactly like the factory ones but are not OEM Hyundai parts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Incorrect. Definitely a factory headunit. I have the same problem with my 2016 model also.
Incorrect. You may have a factory unit without CD (I have a '17 Veloster without it too) but this unit shown has wrong button proportions and the software is obviously nothing OEM. You can get these for $2-500 all around the net.

Here's one on Ali Express

Your head unit doesn't display temp because it's shown on your gauge cluster, btw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Incorrect. You may have a factory unit without CD (I have a '17 Veloster without it too) but this unit shown has wrong button proportions and the software is obviously nothing OEM. You can get these for $2-500 all around the net.

Here's one on Ali Express

Your head unit doesn't display temp because it's shown on your gauge cluster, btw.
where on the cluster? I’ll be damned if I can find it. Also here is my unit and it’s identical to the OP. Unless they are installing these aftermarket units at the factory mine is very much genuine as I’m the only owner of mine!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
where on the cluster? I’ll be damned if I can find it
Errp, my bad you said you had a 16, only the 17s have it in the cluster. I'd be interested to see the unit out of the dash if yours has the large 'voice' button. Every one of those I've seen is aftermarket from a Chinese knock off company. They work well enough, but lack any support. I've got two Veloster and four OEM head units, none have them look like this or have an interface that matches this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Errp, my bad you said you had a 16, only the 17s have it in the cluster. I'd be interested to see the unit out of the dash if yours has the large 'voice' button. Every one of those I've seen is aftermarket from a Chinese knock off company. They work well enough, but lack any support. I've got two Veloster and four OEM head units, none have them look like this or have an interface that matches this one.
it appears they upgraded the head with the FS5 model. All the FS5s currently on the sales sites have the voice button on them. Whereas the FS4 models are different even the AC controls are different

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is my 16 VT radio. The temp is on the gauge cluster. I don’t know why they are sideways

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is my 16 VT radio. The temp is on the gauge cluster. I don’t know why they are sideways View attachment 104844 View attachment 104845
wait, what...? How many different versions are there of the same car. This is insane, did Hyundai just go with the cheapest vendor of the month ever run? What country are these Velosters from if I may ask?

My 16 VT (US) had temp on the factory radio, I have the same dash and gauge cluster as the '16 above but my gauges don't show the temp (wish it did now that I don't have the factory head unit anymore). I wonder if this is programmed by something in the ECU or if there are special codes (in other cars, pressing certain dash buttons in sequence changes certain behaviors) that can be pressed to get it to show up on mine...hmmmm....

·
Registered
54 Posts
wait, what...? How many different versions are there of the same car. This is insane, did Hyundai just go with the cheapest vendor of the month ever run? What country are these Velosters from if I may ask?

My 16 VT (US) had temp on the factory radio, I have the same dash and gauge cluster as the '16 above but my gauges don't show the temp (wish it did now that I don't have the factory head unit anymore). I wonder if this is programmed by something in the ECU or if there are special codes (in other cars, pressing certain dash buttons in sequence changes certain behaviors) that can be pressed to get it to show up on mine...hmmmm....
Well I’m in Palm Beach Florida. I believe I have the tech package. So my radio doesn’t have a cd but it has some kind of apple play or pandora. Something like that. I don’t use it. I usually listen to satellite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts