Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I've been needing some help on a few problems with my Veloster. For backstory on car bought it with 15k miles a little over a year ago now, one owner, nothing wrong. No aftermarket parts, exhaust still stock. It now has a little over 45k miles. I have had to put a clutch slave cylinder in it. About this time last year my car started to lose power higher rpms. I used to do 85mph in 6th gear under 2500 rpms. Now I"m doing 85mph above 3500 rpms. I also have a P0455 engine light with that i have changed the fuel cap. This light is bipolar comes and goes randomly. My last regard is I did lose my abs line to my left front tire front a tire blowing. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Losing power at times can be normal but would have to be datalogged to determine that.

The car will not do 85 mph in 6th gear at 2500 but 3500 is in the right ballpark.

Hopefully the new gas cap is good and clicks. Replace the evap solenoid above the TB next to help resolve the issue with the code.

Fix the abs line. May find one new from Albert Hwang on FB or used on Car-part.com.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Can't speak to the loss of power, but the way you describe the revs does sound odd to me. I wish my revs were that low in top gear. It always seemed to me like Hyundai had the ratio tuned with the non-turbo car in mind.
In any case -- if you mean you're having to stay in 5th to get the car up to speed, that's definitely bad. Otherwise the top gear revs aren't going to change for a given speed (like 85mph) unless your clutch is slipping or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could of sworn that it was under 2500 or a little above because i used to look at it all the time thinking it was weird that it was that low. I thought it was just because it was my first turbo-ed car. I have changed the gas cap and it clicks and seems good. I have changed the evap solenoid.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
If having the evap code and you changed to a good gas cap and a new oem evap solenoid then the issue is the CCV near the gas tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts