Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Its been a long time since I've been on this forum. My bad.
I bought my 2016 turbo new in Ontario in 2016 and now have over 135000 kms on it. It has all the options and is a blast to drive with the manual tranny. Besides a dash and thermostat issue, both covered under warranty, I am pleased with my car.
I drive it year round and every day through the winter, regardless of the snow. With snow tires, I just plow through the drifts. True, I don't detail and wax it every week and I use it to haul all sorts of stuff like lawn mowers and over 600 cans of beer at a time in the back (making those famous beer runs to Quebec). Definitely not babying it.

I still have the original H11B headlights but now they seem to be going dim. Time to replace them. I have studied and researched LED and halogen bulbs for a while now. I may be wrong but I believe a direct replacement style bulb would work best in this car, whether it be LED or halogen. I don't get the warm fuzzies about the output and lifespan on the LED direct replacement bulbs that have come out, never mind if they will actually fit perfectly. I think I will just go with halogens. I have researched different brands of halogens and frankly I am getting tired of trying to figure out who has the best bulb. Everyone thinks theirs is the best.
I have LED high beams and fog lights already. The fog lights are brighter than the low beams.

So, without doing any mods and just getting Hyundai to put in the bulbs I give them when I change my oil next, what are some of your recommendations?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,221 Posts
i use plain jane sylvanias from the parts store.

Reactions: 16veloTurbo

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,221 Posts
they work fine. i use auxbeam LED fogs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd say go with HID. I've had the Morimoto kit now for seven years with no problems. They're so bright that I don't ever feel a need for high beams, and most of my driving is at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts