Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, good news for everyone running a 2016 Veloster Turbo, we have officially announced the release of the new tune!!!

We are very excited for this tune because we have made some major changes in the tune to respectfully benefit all aspects of the car.
Peak power at redline, with gains exceeding 80 WHP and 70 WTQ (Stage 1 with full bolt on's). Stage 0 (with full bolt on's), gains exceeding 30 WHP and 30 WTQ. We have worked on the Rally, and R-Spec as well, these gains are going to be similar. DCT, we didn't leave you guys out. At this time we are 50 WHP and 60 WTQ with our Stage 1 tune and Stage 0, is 30 WHP and 30 WTQ.

The limitations of the DCT clutch is holding back some power for us. We didn't want to ruin a brand new clutch in a brand new car, so we remained conservative and pushed to the holding limit rated from the factory (clutch holding power, not transmission).
With that said....

Drive-ability is greatly improved from the factory tune and much more with the Staged tunes that we offer. We have spent countless hours working on the part throttle fueling, light throttle boosted timing, and load caps to keep the car accelerating under a linear curve. WOT fuel enrichment has been moved down from 85% throttle to 75% throttle. This alone has made the car a pleasure to drive (even on the stock tune).

Our tunes do not focus on the aspects of "boost" or "load limits". If you want 22.5 psi of boost pressure, I can do that, but that is not what makes the Vesloster Turbo fast. Working in the area of boost limitation vs dwell time for coil ignition... that is what makes a car fast (dropping some tuner lingo for you). We can add 35 to 40 WHP to most tunes without adding any boost, throw a lb or two of boost at that, and you are looking at 50 WHP gains. This is important, because we don't use "psi numbers" to advertise our tune. We give claim of what our tune will do, and it does what we say.

With that being said. The new 2016 VT tune will be listed on the website soon, so when you are ready, we are ready to get your car tuned.

Thanks,
Tyson

·
Registered
137 Posts
Still the only way to be tuned is by sending my ecu?I'm in NJ and I know I'll be down 3 to 5 days it's just rough for me to do

Reactions: Jacko

·
Registered
137 Posts
And with all of my mods what kind of hp and tq should I put down?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not in a city either I jus need to get to and from work and I have a 7 yr old.it makes things harder and yea I don't have much access to another ride

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ugh, this is frustrating since i literally got my stage 1 tune from you guys 1.5 months ago for my 2016 rally :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea man me to I should have the funds for it by winter...if I weren't getting it on a spare ecu I could drop the money on a tune now but I'll be paying extra since I want a spare

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Good news. Can't wait till my spare ECU I ordered from you comes in so I can finally get my Tune working good.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
897 Posts
Congrats on your accomplishments!

·
Registered
137 Posts
How much did you get a spare for?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Still the only way to be tuned is by sending my ecu?I'm in NJ and I know I'll be down 3 to 5 days it's just rough for me to do
You could go with BTR, they just updated their 2016 tune as well. Plus no need to send in your ecu.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
@Denverveetee yea I may do that

·
Registered
445 Posts
didisinned did you dyno it? Maybe it is close or similar? Call and maybe they'll update?
no it was a benched tune (sent in my ECU) and mod sheet. I could ask... I doubt it that they would update it without a ton of $$

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe we may be reinstating our loaner program, I am not sure as I would need to confirm with John, but yes, the only way to get our tune is to send in the ECU to us! It is a bit inconvinient for all parties, however it is the only way at the moment to ensure that you get the most sorted and personalized tune!
Tyson

1 - 20 of 84 Posts