Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tork, can you tell me what's new with the updated tune for the '16? Since I have a '16, your post obviously caught my attention. I was considering getting a spare from the dealer. Can you do the tune on the spare or do you need the original? I plan on swapping the ECU for any warranty work (if needed). Last, how much is your tune? Didn't see any info on your website.
I have found a friendly service advisor at my dealership. And I have considered a tune. But can I really just swap in my stock ECU for the a tuned ECU and vice versa for when I need warranty work?

Obviously leaving tuning my current
ECU would void my warranty. But it just sounds to good to be true... Just swap it back whenever I need to take it to the dealership? Please be kind! I'm a newbie to cars and I'm still learning from you wise guys!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
It depends. A dealer if really checking could see how many emissions cycles since computer reset etc. But for basic stuff I doubt they'd notice. A blown motor they may check further but not really common

·
Registered
11 Posts
tork-
If i was to send you my ecu and order a spare would you be able to tune the spare with all the immobilizes functioning? or would i still have to go to the dealership? This is for a 16 and a 14 turbo 6m

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
tork-
If i was to send you my ecu and order a spare would you be able to tune the spare with all the immobilizes functioning? or would i still have to go to the dealership? This is for a 16 and a 14 turbo 6m
Yes, we can do whats called a ghost flash. If flashes all the data from your ECU to the spare. Then we can tune the spare ECU For you. I can do this with every model year VT and Forte.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Now that I received my spare ECU and running on my factory tune my TORK tune ECU is on the way back for the update. I can't wait to test the improvements, been waiting so long for this.

Reactions: Rmas101

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
leesrt can you dyno after the update? I'm curious what gains you see. I'm at 193whp untuned and still on stock intercooler so the tune listing with fmic upgraded would put me at like 270whp with 80hp gained...

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,100 Posts
leesrt can you dyno after the update? I'm curious what gains you see. I'm at 193whp untuned and still on stock intercooler so the tune listing with fmic upgraded would put me at like 270whp with 80hp gained...
That's not how it works.....
The bolt ons add part of the power, and the tune adds the rest.....
Their fmic added 30 whp, intake adds some, exhaust adds some, Catless dp adds even more. When it's all said and done the tune itself would be adding like 40 whp if you're lucky.....

Reactions: JD284

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Per first post:

Peak power at redline, with gains exceeding 80 WHP and 70 WTQ (Stage 1 with full bolt on's).
In previous posts I have seen stock r-specs doing 179-183whp. So if you subtract 10whp gained from downpipe, exhaust, intake, orcp, 60mm, etc etc would it not be reasonable based off of claims to see 260whp? Possibly 270whp if the turbo doesn't fall off before then? I think bolts4breakfast tuned with the turbosocks at 247whp with the old stage 1.5. It seems the updated stage 1 tune should be able to reach or surpass his numbers if claims are close. Is it unreasonable to say a gain of 67hp between intercooler and tune is out of the question?

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...florida-specs-results-reviews.html#post363868

·
Registered
897 Posts
FBO is pretty subjective, especially for our platform. I actually dislike the term because to me it really just means someone has intake, exhaust, dp, intercooler at a minimum. A good intercooler will make a significant difference, coupled with a good hot pipe, even more. That could explain some of the "variance" between stage 1's prior to Tork's new updated Stage 1.
But if you are FBO and enhance parts here and there, like lightweight pulleys, 60mm TB, TB coolant bypass etc, you're then FBO+ right? lol. The "little" parts work together and will exceed the power of "FBO", whatever that may mean to one person. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can only ballpark power. You'll never know until its on the dyno, and its different for each car. It's kind of silly to say "yeah ill make 80+ hp" with so many variables.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Per first post:

In previous posts I have seen stock r-specs doing 179-183whp. So if you subtract 10whp gained from downpipe, exhaust, intake, orcp, 60mm, etc etc would it not be reasonable based off of claims to see 260whp? Possibly 270whp if the turbo doesn't fall off before then? I think bolts4breakfast tuned with the turbosocks at 247whp with the old stage 1.5. It seems the updated stage 1 tune should be able to reach or surpass his numbers if claims are close. Is it unreasonable to say a gain of 67hp between intercooler and tune is out of the question?

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...florida-specs-results-reviews.html#post363868
From what I saw it's possible but every car is different. Even if it did that would be peak and with full bolt ons which consist of intake, exhaust, downpipe, IC, aftermarket BOV, step colder plugs.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I have found a friendly service advisor at my dealership. And I have considered a tune. But can I really just swap in my stock ECU for the a tuned ECU and vice versa for when I need warranty work?

Obviously leaving tuning my current
ECU would void my warranty. But it just sounds to good to be true... Just swap it back whenever I need to take it to the dealership? Please be kind! I'm a newbie to cars and I'm still learning from you wise guys!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, swapping the ECU's is a very simple painless process, for general work dealerships will not bat an eye, for a more serious problem if it were to arise, contact us and we will talk you through the process.
Tyson

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'll more than likely post an official separate review in a couple weeks, but just got my ECU back yesterday and fired her up this morning. So, for my Tork Stage 1 "Upgrade"... Communication and turn-around time was FAST, thank you Tork! Start-up went well, and so far it seems the hesitation at lower RPM's and shifting issues in "D"/"Sport" have been fixed. Don't really notice much of a difference on the butt dyno as far as increased HP or Torque but that is not really my concern. The gains on the tune have been good from the beginning, I am more concerned with smooth acceleration from stop right now and Tork seems to have done the job.

No Torque app numbers yet, I'll post some stuff later...

My only complaint right now is no new Tork decal! :disappointed::wink:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'll more than likely post an official separate review in a couple weeks, but just got my ECU back yesterday and fired her up this morning. So, for my Tork Stage 1 "Upgrade"... Communication and turn-around time was FAST, thank you Tork! Start-up went well, and so far it seems the hesitation at lower RPM's and shifting issues in "D"/"Sport" have been fixed. Don't really notice much of a difference on the butt dyno as far as increased HP or Torque but that is not really my concern. The gains on the tune have been good from the beginning, I am more concerned with smooth acceleration from stop right now and Tork seems to have done the job.

No Torque app numbers yet, I'll post some stuff later...

My only complaint right now is no new Tork decal!
This is good news. give it a day or two for the ECU to adapt. Hoping to have mine back this week.

Reactions: Velostaaman

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Glad to hear some of the first impressions are good! Looking forward to some full write up's on what people thing, as this has been something we have put a ton of time and effort into! Lee your ECU is on its way, please let me know what you think!
Tyson

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Glad to hear some of the first impressions are good! Looking forward to some full write up's on what people thing, as this has been something we have put a ton of time and effort into! Lee your ECU is on its way, please let me know what you think!
Tyson
Tyson, can you update me on whether my ECU was shipped yet or is John still working it?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
It has shipped.
Tyson
:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Tyson, I want to let you know and please pass it on to everyone...
I think we can tell you guys have made some changes or at least an effort to correct previous issues with communication and timeliness. Thanks for the changes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Tyson, I want to let you know and please pass it on to everyone...
I think we can tell you guys have made some changes or at least an effort to correct previous issues with communication and timeliness. Thanks for the changes.
Will do! Appreciate that! Communication with the customers is important, we do not know what needs to be fixed, or how the customer perceives something unless it is conveyed to us, so that is appreciated, We always have an open line of communication via E-mail, Phone calls, or PM's to me on the forums. I am glad that there is a noticeable difference here!
Tyson

41 - 60 of 84 Posts