Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Prelim Torque numbers... I got a new phone so have to reset everything...

Boost @ WOT 22.3
AFR @ WOT 11.2
AFR @ Idle 14.xx

MPG's back up to around 25mpg... This is all less than 50miles put on the car so far. Things will change, I'll post more in the near future. Great job so far!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Prelim Torque numbers... I got a new phone so have to reset everything...

Boost @ WOT 22.3
AFR @ WOT 11.2
AFR @ Idle 14.xx

MPG's back up to around 25mpg... This is all less than 50miles put on the car so far. Things will change, I'll post more in the near future. Great job so far!
Everything looks good so far. Any surging or hint of hesitation? How about initial power from a stop?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Everything looks good so far. Any surging or hint of hesitation? How about initial power from a stop?
No surge, hesitation is very minimal, initial power has not changed much. I'm prob being very sensitive to the hesitation because it annoys me so much... But the hesitation compared to before is night and day difference. The car overall just seems to be running better... Hope it keeps up.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
No surge, hesitation is very minimal, initial power has not changed much. I'm prob being very sensitive to the hesitation because it annoys me so much... But the hesitation compared to before is night and day difference. The car overall just seems to be running better... Hope it keeps up.
Ok, good. I'll probably get mine Monday so I'll start my trials. I know we're both going to be hyper critical on the results over time because I remember mine felt great after the tune. It was after the ECU adapted that I started to notice the issue's. Keeping fingers crossed.

I would like to hear from Tork on what differences we should see? What were the changes that we should pay attention to? I saw the original statement on the new revised tune but I'm more interested the difference from the tune we had vs. this revision.
Sometimes the butt dyno can is not always accurate.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ok, good. I'll probably get mine Monday so I'll start my trials. I know we're both going to be hyper critical on the results over time because I remember mine felt great after the tune. It was after the ECU adapted that I started to notice the issue's. Keeping fingers crossed.

I would like to hear from Tork on what differences we should see? What were the changes that we should pay attention to? I saw the original statement on the new revised tune but I'm more interested the difference from the tune we had vs. this revision.
I would like to talk with you about this after you get your ECU and have some time in the seat with it, Not for the fact of trying to keep anything from you, but more for the fact that I would like to see your Impressions and what you see and feel without having any preconceived ideas on what you are going to be getting. If this is an issue, I will gladly discuss this with you, but like I said, it would be good to get your honest opionion before knowing what to actually look for.
Tyson

Reactions: orbeavhawk

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

I would like to talk with you about this after you get your ECU and have some time in the seat with it, Not for the fact of trying to keep anything from you, but more for the fact that I would like to see your Impressions and what you see and feel without having any preconceived ideas on what you are going to be getting. If this is an issue, I will gladly discuss this with you, but like I said, it would be good to get your honest opionion before knowing what to actually look for.
Tyson
Not a problem, I'll report soon.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
On my test drive this evening I saw about the same as Velostaaman.

Peak was 22psi
lowest AFR was 11 (big improvement over 9.6)

I felt the same results on my run. Hesitation is there but it's very tolerable. Before it felt like the power and hesitation were in a battle and the hesitation was winning. Now I feel it but the power is winning, It does feel like the initial onset of power is a bit more subdued and balanced as it builds. I think before the power came on fast, which feels good, but the cars limiters were probably not happy and possibly leading to many of the issues.

So far so good but how it does over the next few days will tell the tale.

Tomorrow I'll look at my torque and HP numbers and see how they compare to before.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I took the car for another test drive this morning on the way to work.

Hesitation is still there in 1st and 2nd but it's WAY better then before. The hesitation is only felt under modest acceleration like from a stop light when you're not gunning it. I notice it because I'm sensitive to it now but the average person would not care because it's much better than the same hesitation on the stock tune.

Power delivery is more linear. You feel a steady pull through the power band as opposed to the abrupt power hit at 4k rpm. You still feel a surge after 4k but it's not the full on switch like it was before. This is a good thing. It was very nerving when I would accelerate in town and because the rpm got to 4k the car would lurch forward. Hard to manage your distance from other traffic when you can't predict what the throttle is going to do.

The lowest AFR I'm seeing is 11, as opposed to 9.6 before. I also notice that the WG is at 74% duty cycle under peak boost compared to 93% before. I didn't look at the timing advance so I'll check that next trip.

MPG's are what they should be but I never had a problem with that, other than my initial trip home after the dyno tune.

Overall I'm happy with this revision so far. For me it's comparing an apple to another apple that had some blemishes. To the person going from a stock tune to this tune it's like comparing an apple to a lemon.

I'm curious to know what this tune puts me at, stage 1, stage 1+. I know I'm not at 250hp, according to the butt dyno so clearly not a 1.5. I would need the down pipe to achieve that and I'm not going that far.

Anyway, that's my take so far.

·
Registered
445 Posts

Hesitation is still there in 1st and 2nd but it's WAY better then before. The hesitation is only felt under modest acceleration like from a stop light when you're not gunning it. I notice it because I'm sensitive to it now but the average person would not care because it's much better than the same hesitation on the stock tune.

Power delivery is more linear. You feel a steady pull through the power band as opposed to the abrupt power hit at 4k rpm. You still feel a surge after 4k but it's not the full on switch like it was before. This is a good thing. It was very nerving when I would accelerate in town and because the rpm got to 4k the car would lurch forward. Hard to manage your distance from other traffic when you can't predict what the throttle is going to do.

The lowest AFR I'm seeing is 11, as opposed to 9.6 before. I also notice that the WG is at 74% duty cycle under peak boost compared to 93% before. I didn't look at the timing advance so I'll check that next trip.

MPG's are what they should be but I never had a problem with that, other than my initial trip home after the dyno tune.

Overall I'm happy with this revision so far. For me it's comparing an apple to another apple that had some blemishes. To the person going from a stock tune to this tune it's like comparing an apple to a lemon.

I'm curious to know what this tune puts me at, stage 1, stage 1+. I know I'm not at 250hp, according to the butt dyno so clearly not a 1.5. I would need the down pipe to achieve that and I'm not going that far.

Thanks for the initial review, I may have missed it in a prior post but what was the reason for sending it back for the stage 1+ tune? Were you having issues with the tune and wanted the revision as well? Trying to contemplate if it's worthwhile to send back for the +

Reactions: Velostaaman

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks for the initial review, I may have missed it in a prior post but what was the reason for sending it back for the stage 1+ tune? Were you having issues with the tune and wanted the revision as well? Trying to contemplate if it's worthwhile to send back for the +
Send it back its worth it.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts

230 to 240 WHP is what we would guess at.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Reactions: Velostaaman

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
61 - 80 of 84 Posts