Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel pump wire outlet is in the way of the fourth ignition coil. I have removed the wire as many instructions have stated, but the outlet from the fuel pump is still in the way. This is unlike the other pictures I have seen in “2013-2019 model year” DIY instructions, which show a shorter outlet.

I am wondering if this is 2017 fuel pump difference from other model years. Do I need to remove the fuel pump? Is there a way to remove just the outlet? Should I risk trying to maneuver the ignition coil out from under the fuel pump wire outlet? Are others experiencing this?

I’m sorry if this exact post is somewhere else, but I am having a hard time finding it. Please link me to that thread if so.

2017 Veloster Turbo R-Spec with 72,700 miles. Haven’t replaced the spark plugs at all since the dealership said “I don’t recommend it until at least 100k miles,” but I’ve been getting misfire codes on 1 & 2 and extremely rough idling. See pics of the first 3 spark plugs after this many miles. After replacing with OEM plugs, idling is WAY smoother and so are WOT pulls.
Auto part Gas Cable Metal Audio equipment

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Engineering

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Plugs and coils every 50k miles max or as needed before then. Remove the HPFP plug and the breather hose for ease of plug/coil #4 removal/install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plugs and coils every 50k miles max or as needed before then. Remove the HPFP plug and the breather hose for ease of plug/coil #4 removal/install.
Thanks for the quick reply - the HPFP plug outlet (the plastic it plugs into) extends over the top of the coil. Just removing the plug does not work, unless I am supposed to angle the coil out of the way as I pull it out, which sounds extremely risky. This is common practice? Attached might be a better picture of the overlap.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Engineering

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
It should come out lol fine without moving the high pressure pump.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply - the HPFP plug outlet (the plastic it plugs into) extends over the top of the coil. Just removing the plug does not work, unless I am supposed to angle the coil out of the way as I pull it out, which sounds extremely risky. This is common practice? Attached might be a better picture of the overlap. View attachment 107103
Yes, you have to angle and wiggle it to remove/install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts