Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Anyone have a good thread or have experience with the tuning options for the JS veloster? I’m curious to see how people liked possibly the Lap3 ecu tune or v2.5 pro tuner or if I should shy away from lap3 and go a different route. Piggyback systems in my opinion don’t seem worth it and functionality ive heard is iffy. Just looking to have a little more fun on the street and the whole 200 hp ain’t all that, I know it’s not a race car it’s a daily but I think just a little more power out of it and some restrictions lifted I’ll enjoy it more. Any input would be appreciated thanks, again this is for a 2019 veloster R spec

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
586 Posts
Hello,
Anyone have a good thread or have experience with the tuning options for the JS veloster? I’m curious to see how people liked possibly the Lap3 ecu tune or v2.5 pro tuner or if I should shy away from lap3 and go a different route. Piggyback systems in my opinion don’t seem worth it and functionality ive heard is iffy. Just looking to have a little more fun on the street and the whole 200 hp ain’t all that, I know it’s not a race car it’s a daily but I think just a little more power out of it and some restrictions lifted I’ll enjoy it more. Any input would be appreciated thanks, again this is for a 2019 veloster R spec
Check with QwikTyme Performance or @trdtoy .
He comes highly recommended. 👍

Oh and welcome to the forums. 🙏🏽🤙

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,100 Posts
Myself or SXTH element engineering would be at the top of the list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Myself or SXTH element engineering would be at the top of the list.
it’s tough cause lap3 obviously tunes on a spare ecu, being that it’s a daily I know sxth element requires you to send your own ecu out to them, any recommendations on avoiding that process so I’m not down a car for a week +, buy spare ecu possibly?

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Remote tuning and self flashing is available by renting or buying the flashing equipment.

·
Registered
586 Posts
it’s tough cause lap3 obviously tunes on a spare ecu, being that it’s a daily I know sxth element requires you to send your own ecu out to them, any recommendations on avoiding that process so I’m not down a car for a week +, buy spare ecu possibly?
You could also buy a spare ecu exactly like yours from Fleabay for $75 and send that in. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Make sure numbers match on the ecu, year, and amenities.
Good luck. 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remote tuning and self flashing is available by renting or buying the flashing equipment.
You have my attention, any recommendations to point me in the right direction as to what exactly thatd be?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You have my attention, any recommendations to point me in the right direction as to what exactly thatd be?
Would be pulling the OEM file off the ecu with the flashing equipment and some pulls on the OEM tune to get some data logs. Then you send the files out to the tuner, wait for tune file. Upload tune file via flashing equipment then do some more pulls for some more data logs. Repeat till tune is complete and to your liking. trdtoy would be able to suggest which equipment to use.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
141 Posts
Also, if you're worried about your car and need to take it in, you can just flash it back to the original file.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Currently running into the issue where even if I wanted to send my ecu out to have calibrated that sxth can’t even ship anything performance to the state of CT lol, gotta love this state

·
Registered
105 Posts
Currently running into the issue where even if I wanted to send my ecu out to have calibrated that sxth can’t even ship anything performance to the state of CT lol, gotta love this state
I dont see mail it in as an actual option for SXTH element,

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think you're looking at the first generation turbo ECU tuning. Here's what I found for the 2019. Shipping definitely appears to be an option here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont see mail it in as an actual option for SXTH element,
View attachment 106625
I think you're looking at the first generation turbo ECU tuning. Here's what I found for the 2019. Shipping definitely appears to be an option here.
View attachment 106626
View attachment 106627
View attachment 106626
View attachment 106627

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m not too sure I talked to the guy at Sxth element on the phone and he said they won’t ship even a blow off valve to CT or 18 other states that are carb states. He was pretty positive about it but if for some reason he was wrong that would be great news for me tbh. And yeah he said I have to mail in the ecu for my car which I guess I’m fine with but now comes in to question of who I can go through, I got a buddy in South Carolina who I could maybe ship it to but that’s beyond a hassle to get my ecu back from sxth, then shipped to him, then shipped to me haha

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m not too sure I talked to the guy at Sxth element on the phone and he said they won’t ship even a blow off valve to CT or 18 other states that are carb states. He was pretty positive about it but if for some reason he was wrong that would be great news for me tbh. And yeah he said I have to mail in the ecu for my car which I guess I’m fine with but now comes in to question of who I can go through, I got a buddy in South Carolina who I could maybe ship it to but that’s beyond a hassle to get my ecu back from sxth, then shipped to him, then shipped to me haha
Sorry I missed the 2019 in the title I was looking at gen1.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Remote tuning and self flashing is the best and most convenient option. Just cost more to do this in the gen 2 than the gen 1 due to additional equipment needed since obd2 flashing is not available yet for gen 2.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
I recommend get the proper equipment lol!

Tuning:
Tactrix 2.0 with cable
USB dongle with proper PCM flash module on it.
Bench flashing setup
Email account
Internet access
Compatible laptop
Competent tuner to work with

Datalogs:
OBD Link LX
Android device
Torque pro app

·
Registered
586 Posts
I recommend get the proper equipment lol!

Tuning:
Tactrix 2.0 with cable
USB dongle with proper PCM flash module on it.
Bench flashing setup
Email account
Internet access
Compatible laptop
Competent tuner to work with

Datalogs:
OBD Link LX
Android device
Torque pro app
So where would all this be obtained?
I see the Tactrix device available but what about the rest?
Any links? You sell the kit?
Will this work on my car? 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Chiptuningshop

misnblu: yes, can actually flash yours with the same equipment but via OBD2 or bench flash the ecu.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts