Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
What email account works best with our cars?? 馃

Registered
So it looks as if getting an Ecu tune from any company is out the door as for the state I live in and going through flashing everything myself and buying the equipment is not as serious as I鈥檓 trying to get with it at this moment, although I鈥檇 love to push more power through it and go with a big turbo kit or something I got ground myself knowing it鈥檚 a daily lol. Anyone have the best recommendation for a piggy back I suppose that is proven and reliable or should I stay away from that entirely. Again input is super appreciated

Registered
Your only barrier to entry is the equipment, it's a special obd-ii dongle that hooks up to your laptop. But as for getting a tune. It's as simple as them emailing you the file, spark up the laptop, let it do it's thing, and you're off (this shouldn't be a barrier for you in any state as it's all electronic). It'll take you 10mins, maybe. Piggybacks aren't as accurate, safe and cost slightly less than just getting a pro tune. But I understand the concern!

Oh wait, 2019's don't have access to the handheld tuning stuff... I see... damn lol

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
Your only barrier to entry is the equipment, it's a special obd-ii dongle that hooks up to your laptop. But as for getting a tune. It's as simple as them emailing you the file, spark up the laptop, let it do it's thing, and you're off (this shouldn't be a barrier for you in any state as it's all electronic). It'll take you 10mins, maybe. Piggybacks aren't as accurate, safe and cost slightly less than just getting a pro tune. But I understand the concern!

Oh wait, 2019's don't have access to the handheld tuning stuff... I see... damn lol
Maybe gotta just wait : (

Registered
Maybe gotta just wait : (
I'd say there's definitely stuff you can hop on in the meantime. Intake, Exhaust, BOV, Wheels. All things that will still make you smile :D. Although check those state laws i guess... thank god florida is the wild west :D

Reactions: misnblu

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Any year VT can be tuned remotely and flashed by the owner regardless where they are located.

Registered
So it looks as if getting an Ecu tune from any company is out the door as for the state I live in and going through flashing everything myself and buying the equipment is not as serious as I鈥檓 trying to get with it at this moment, although I鈥檇 love to push more power through it and go with a big turbo kit or something I got ground myself knowing it鈥檚 a daily lol. Anyone have the best recommendation for a piggy back I suppose that is proven and reliable or should I stay away from that entirely. Again input is super appreciated
Piggybacks are basically just boost controllers. If you have everything prepped for more boost then they can be ok but many don't understand that there can be significant consequences from increasing levels on piggybacks and just assume they are safe on all levels.
JB4's seem to be the best of the piggyback options. They have logging and pull data from canbus so they can be more precise with their adjustments. Plus theres all sorts of adjustments for wmi and different fuelings and other things. The fuel wire will even lean out fueling where it is rich. So the jb4 is a bit more than just a boost controller.
Racechip, I've used. It does nothing more than increase boost. So know what that means before you get one.

I'd say there's definitely stuff you can hop on in the meantime. Intake, Exhaust, BOV, Wheels. All things that will still make you smile :D. Although check those state laws i guess... thank god florida is the wild west :D
With a 2019 will bolt ons show much in the gains department without a tune? Lighter wheels with a stickier tire will pretty much always have gains.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
No the gen 2 will not show much gains in power at all without a tune. Some can actually make less power with mods on the oem tune.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts