Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased 2020 Veloster Turbo. Said goodbye to my 2016. I love it except what the heck the daytime running lights will not turn off. Has anyone found a way to turn them off? I put them on auto, put them on off and they still are on. Do I have to pull a fuse?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If they stay on even if car is off or at times they're not supposed to that's an issue for the dealer to worry about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the car is turned off the turn off. The problem I have is since I blacked out her about the lights on. During the day I don't really prefer daytime running lights. I wish there was an option where I could turn them off if I wanted to. I look through the owner's manual it seems to be lacking that option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you could turn them off (with the car running) they wouldn't be DRLs. The point is to have them on all the time to increase the visibility of your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you could turn them off (with the car running) they wouldn't be DRLs. The point is to have them on all the time to increase the visibility of your car.
Typically there is an "all-off" position on the headlight stalk that will turn the DRLs off. That's how it works on the 2016, anyway.

@GothicVeloster What does it say in the owners manual about the DRL operation?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agreed but there are some of us that flat don't like drl's.
These led drl's will put a lot of wear on the leds and cause them to prematurely fail.
On the older drl's using incandescent lamps the lamps were only using 1/2 to 1/3 of the power of useable power for it to work. Due to this the lamps were never really at full load saving them all the wear and tear of being on constantly.

With all the marketing of the led drl's you'll surely start seeing these going out in the years to come. Then you pay the price for the replacements.

Oh and if you're going to argue about the led lasting longer than incandescent, sure you're right but not that much longer. Led by design can't take spikes of voltage and current like incandescent so they'll die much quicker. I've owned quality leds and they didn't last 2 years before they started failing.

Visibility I agree with for safety.
Drl's should be a choiceand switchable. 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts