Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're running 245/40/17 what tire pressure are you using ? Mine where at 42 from Tire Rack seemed a little high to me.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Every tire will have different sidewall stiffness and vary. Also what you are doing driving style makes a difference. Check where the wear is.

·
Registered
741 Posts
42 for street driving is a bit excessive. The max load on most tires is 51psi, on the street you probably want to run something around 34-36 front and 30-34 in back. I believe the stock values are 32/32 but found a little more in the front is better. I run 34f and 32b on 235/45/17 for comparison on the street and increase for track/autox. My autox front psi target would be 42 and in back 34-32.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
For daily driving and good wear, 34-36 psi would be max needed in the front. Good bit less in the rear, however, go too low and the low tire light will come on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I personally run 31, I take in consideration that the tires, if I'm driving hard will heat up a few psi.

·
Registered
461 Posts
42 for street driving is a bit excessive. The max load on most tires is 51psi, on the street you probably want to run something around 34-36 front and 30-34 in back. I believe the stock values are 32/32 but found a little more in the front is better. I run 34f and 32b on 235/45/17 for comparison on the street and increase for track/autox. My autox front psi target would be 42 and in back 34-32.
Good to know. Running same size rims and tires. Gonna bring the pressures down when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Keep in mind psi will vary with different tires for the same/similar outcome so play around with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts