Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm sure most of us have intakes by now, but in case anyone is interested, after the bracket on my 845 intake broke, I decided to order a new setup from trdtoy that included a velocity stack, and a delightfully oversized AEM dryflow filter. Right off the bat, fitment was a lot better (my old one seemed to like to rub on the brake fluid reservior/booster and cause a nice vibration when stopped. Elbow grease and swearing fixed it, but still). Everything lined up perfectly, and it has this neat bracket that attaches to the battery tray via one of the T bolt clamps (eliminating any weak spot by having it welded to the tube), which was a very nice touch. The car's behavior changed slightly for the better (better pulls in low rpm, and much more linear feeling to the power. My intake temps even dropped by ~5-8 degrees, I'm assuming because of a better location with more flow from the open grille) and I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new age intake. No issues fitting with my Sxth v2 FMIC, and even left a shit ton of room to add engine bay accessories, even after I installed one of the catch cans nearby. Overall, 10/10

Attachments

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Looks good and packaged very well as a kit.
Those aluminum blue hose clamps look sweet and something you do t see on intakes your buy. 馃槏馃憤
Interesting that the AEM dry flow filter was used over the standard K&N filter. 馃え馃
The velocity stack feature is a win in my books and good review. 馃

Registered
misnblu, not sure if you've seen the intake and components together have you? These are not the clamps I provide but rather something waterlance added. The dry flow is used for better filtration while still having high flow and long service life. Yes the velocity stack is standard. ;-)

Super Moderator
very cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts