Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 500 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, to get the 3.5" intake rolling, I am going to start them off as a group buy.

The intakes are cut to provide plenty of clearance from the brake reservoir/battery and will never come CLOSE to contacting the High Pressure fuel line.

There is an included bracket that will attach the intake to the valve cover to when the engine moves, the intake will move with it, instead of being tied down elsewhere, moving against it.

There will be two options for the intake in this Group Buy. First option will be the SRI setup, which is pretty much like my other SRI but uses a dual cone spectre filter vs. the closed end cone filter.

The second option will be the CAI. This includes a Carbon fiber airbox with built in cone filter and a CAI extension duct. You can choose to run this or not. I have mine run to be placed directly behind my Tippett Auto mesh fog surrounds. You can also just route the ducting lower in the fender well to get more fresh air. Once bent to the way you want it, it is pretty rigid and wont be moving much from its set position.

This CAI setup is VERY quiet, almost like stock but a tad louder. No more vacuum noise that most people hate. Not to mention, the real CF airbox looks gorgeous.

Best thing about this Group buy, other than the slightly lower than the list price? FREE anodizing for all Group Buy participants (normally 50$)

You can choose from Black, Orange/Gold, Blue, Green, Red and Purple.

All intakes will include a breather port connection unless otherwise specified. None will include the recirculation port.

Pricing on the SRI setup with filter + anodizing will be 165$+5$ shipping.
Pricing on the CAI setup (+CF airbox/filter) + anodizing will be 265$ +5$ shipping.

You Canadians can add 30$ if you want to get in on it.
Aussies, 45$.

I am looking to get 10 people in on this but will accept as many as are interested two weeks from today (July 10, 2014)

The CAI is a great option to get the biggest piping, fluid bends, clean look, sexayness AND no super loud hoooover all well under 300$ to your door.

As always [email protected] is the Paypal. I will be taking native credit cards very soon also once I set it up. Please mention anodizing color and user name in the notes of the payment!

Below is a picture of the CAI and some color examples on some stuff I had done for customers.

With the CAI, I noticed about a 5-7 drop in IATs on average and when in stop/go traffic is doesn't heat soak nearly as bad since the filter isn't directly exposed to the stale warm air in engine bay.

1. DIG_1868 BLUE Full CAI
2. iamnotseanclark GREEN Full CAI
3. BrandonB RED Full CAI
4. Tom G. RED SRI no filter
5. PANDAemic Purple SRI no filter
6. GMANTX BLUE SRI with filter
7. katt BLUE Full CAI
8. Pat. H. Red Full CAI
9. Rabidwolf Blue Full CAI
10. Brandon M. Black SRI with filter
11. Guardiannite Black Full CAI
12. Carlos P. Gold Full CAI
13. Rock Black SRI no filter
14. Keith E. Gold SRI no filter
15. Bryan H. Black SRI with filter
16. Kirk C Blue Full CAI
17. Timothy Y Blue SRI no filter
18. Pierre T Purple SRI no filter
19. Tyler G Green SRI with filter
20. Steve S. Blue Blue couplers Blue filter SRI with filter
21. Christopher B Red SRI with filter

IMG_20140708_220740.jpg

10443434_10152620551879974_5284981367998464272_n.jpg
10488001_10152620552114974_6208539469358508144_n.jpg

10342784_10152535714259974_4275970063183910050_n.jpg
10004069_10152535713304974_184590402675025489_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Is that the same airbox as the ones on ebay? The one I have is extremely small and I lost 2 tenths/1MPH trap in the quarter mile. Not trying to hate on your product, just trying to get information.

Put me on the list for the SRI without any ports.
Make it black.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran the SRI for quite a while with the dual cone and logged IATs and for a baseline, checked out the power using a pretty close profile in the torque app. Then I ran the CAI setup for about a week now, doing the same. Car was quieter and felt the same with the CAI. Logs showed slightly cooler IATs and power was very similar (Did three ~15 minute logs with each setup on different days)

In the real world, the intakes will perform pretty much the same as each other.

Refund sent as you already have a 3.5" intake setup.

Reactions: SnailPower

·
Registered
109 Posts
This CAI setup is VERY quiet, almost like stock but a tad louder. No more vacuum noise that most people hate. Not to mention, the real CF airbox looks gorgeous.
What about the SRI? I know that it will probably be a little louder than the CAI but just wondering how much with the 3.5 piping. I will definitely buy one of them, I would like to buy the SRI but I don't want to deal with the loud vacuum noise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What about the SRI? I know that it will probably be a little louder than the CAI but just wondering how much with the 3.5 piping. I will definitely buy one of them, I would like to buy the SRI but I don't want to deal with the loud vacuum noise.
Yeah, what he said 'n that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, I wish mine was anodized. Anyways I have the SRI version of this one guys and I love it. It sounds awesome sucking in all that air. Great product and great price as expected. I would absolutely buy this again, no regrets (other than the anodizing :wink:).

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I ran the SRI for quite a while with the dual cone and logged IATs and for a baseline, checked out the power using a pretty close profile in the torque app. Then I ran the CAI setup for about a week now, doing the same. Car was quieter and felt the same with the CAI. Logs showed slightly cooler IATs and power was very similar (Did three ~15 minute logs with each setup on different days)

In the real world, the intakes will perform pretty much the same as each other.

Refund sent as you already have a 3.5" intake setup.
I don't have a 3.5" setup. Please accept my payment.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am somewhat on the fence about this. I would rather do the SRI but i am concerned about noise output as some others are. How is the noise output vs the standard SRI that everyone usually gets?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope I have enough money for this as I would love to get a red SRI lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am somewhat on the fence about this. I would rather do the SRI but i am concerned about noise output as some others are. How is the noise output vs the standard SRI that everyone usually gets?
I love how it sounds. I am not sure how great of a sound clip I can get with my phone but I will try.

1 - 20 of 500 Posts