Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a 3 port OCC before? If I use one of these to filter oil for the BCV and the PCV, and send it back to the PCV, would there be any pressure issues? I currently have a 2 port OCC hooked up to the PCV. I'm hoping to feed a line to the BCV and seal the valve on the air intake. Could someone confirm if this sort of set up would be a problem?

Green = Inlet
Red = Outlet
Orange = Seal

20180227_133043.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody used a 3 port OCC before? If I use one of these to filter oil for the BCV and the PCV, and send it back to the PCV, would there be any pressure issues? I currently have a 2 port OCC hooked up to the PCV. I'm hoping to feed a line to the BCV and seal the valve on the air intake. Could someone confirm if this sort of set up would be a problem?

Green = Inlet
Red = Outlet
Orange = Seal

View attachment 96641
Any update on if this works? Looking to do the same with a 3 port as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, it won't work (at least not without extra valves and a vent). In addition to creating a vacuum leak (one inlet goes to the pcv, but the second on the "fresh" side of your valve cover will be a large vacuum leak without a valve of some sort), once you are at zero vacuum or in boost conditions your crankcase will have no way to vent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any update on if this works? Looking to do the same with a 3 port as well.
See tdbill's response. He's right. I ended up with a 3 port catch can - Sealing one inlet, and loosely converting it in to a single inlet and outlet.

I hooked up the crankcase catch can to one inlet, and a breather filter to the other. Then my engine started making a strange sound when I started the car up from stop. Went back, reconnected the outlet to the CAI valve, and the noise stopped. I wasn't catching anything with just the breather filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts