Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installation coming this week with gfb bov, higher pressuer radiator cap and bov solenoid!! Ready to pair all this with the isr “racing” exhaust and see what’s up!! Next is intercooler kit from 845 and slap a tune! Stoked, no one to be excited to about beside my fam on here haha let’s get it!!

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,903 Posts
It looks like it necks down to 2.5" at the catback section tho.....?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you did indeed order a 3" DP. But at the same time if you order one you should get one.

Side note the opening at the turbo connection is 2.57". Any DP or exhaust component with less than 2.57" inside diameter will cost the engine some power.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it happened but gotta send it back and wait for another one now... it’s a headache but I know they’re reputable and worth waiting for

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
DP, exhaust, cooling mods, and a good tune will put it at 270 whp all day. Just have to be sure a good tune and safe for the car, mods, fuel, and conditions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DP, exhaust, cooling mods, and a good tune will put it at 270 whp all day. Just have to be sure a good tune and safe for the car, mods, fuel, and conditions.
Last cooling mod would be thermostat and intercooler kit, than tuning it

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Water/meth will get more power and safer than the intercooler will especially in above avg temperatures just FYI

Also FYI my 15 auto just did 12.9 @ 108 mph in the 1/4 on a daily driving mild tune. Quickest/fastest in the world on stock turbo and stock intercooler as well. No issues and been on E85 since 2017.

In contrast the second quickest/fastest stock turbo VT is also a 15 auto but FBO on E85 tork tune. Headgasket blew in less than 81 days. Ran best of 13.5 @ 106 mph.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Water/meth will get more power and safer than the intercooler will especially in above avg temperatures just FYI

Also FYI my 15 auto just did 12.989 @ 107.85 mph in the 1/4 on a daily driving mild tune. Quickest/fastest in the world on stock turbo and stock intercooler as well. No issues and been on E85 since 2017.

In contrast the second quickest/fastest stock turbo VT is also a 15 auto but FBO on E85 tork tune. Headgasket blew in less than 81 days. Ran best of 13.5 @ 105.6 mph.
can’t I run the intercooler without the meth injection? Or both

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I wouldn't send it back. Just bolt it on and enjoy.
Exactly. Especially of planning on maximizing the stock turbo or upgrading later you'll want the FMIC regardless. Add some looks to the car as well. Does not help cooling efficiency of the radiator but that can be addressed.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
So I should just rock the downpipe and install it? Even though it’s only off 1/2 inch? Won’t make much of a difference?
I was referring to the FMIC. If you paid for a 3" DP then get a 3" DP. It will show more gains than a 2.5" dp by like 5 whp on a stock turbo. More when talking upgrading to a stuffed turbo later. This is due to the 2.5" 16 GA tubing being 17% more restricted than the turbo outlet itself. With a 3" it will have no restrictions on the turbine flow.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
415 Posts
I'm not understanding why this 845 dp is built like this?🤔
Turbo outlet inside diameter is 2.57 inches so why wasn't the dp built to those tolerances?
Enlarging to a 3" pipe is understandable as the hot gasses have a chance to expand a bit but then it drops down to a 2.5" neck to the next flange?
Am I missing something here or have the laws of laminar flow been completely eliminated in this design?

Again I'm still new to a lot of the turbo stuff but something doesn't make sense with this down pipe.
Can anybody help a brother out with an explanation of this? 🙏🏽
Im in learn mode for my build and want 3" all the way down to the exhaust tip when it's time.
Thanks. 👍

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
It makes no sense to make them 2.5" at the turbo(yet some do) as it restricts the turbo more than 3". They're made 2.5" at the catback to mate to the oem and most aftermarket catbacks which are also 2.5". The only reason why full 3" DP were made was because solo came out with the first 3" catback for the VT then a couple others followed suit.

Ideally you do like I do and port the turbo outlet to match the full 3" DP ID with no restrictions thereafter.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts