Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this car about a month ago now. A used 2016 turbo auto. With the weather warming up I've noticed more now a bit of a burning smell? Smell kinda like burning plastic. And occasionally I've seen some white smoke coming out of the engine bay. On the drivers side. I opened up the hood today right after turning it off and noticed a puff of smoke come out from the area between the engine and battery. I've attached a picture to help.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I do get shocked by the car almost every time I exit the car?
That could electrostatic discharge which is quite common in dry arid regions or when the humidity is quite low.
You sitting in the seat build up a static charge and as soon as you touch metal on the car you discharge that static buildup to the car.

On the smoking issue, is the car old enough to smoke? ?? Sorry had to go there. ??
Check around your exhaust system close to the engine and see if anything is hanging down on the exhaust manifold or catalytic converter.

Good luck and keep an eye on it until you can get this fixed. ?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
The reservoir will go up and down depending on if the car is hot or cold.

Grab a flashlight and start peeking around the bay for Anything that looks wet or burnt. Oil spots will be dirty. Coolant spots can look greasy/glossy and not necessarily dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts