Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a brand new Greddy Airnix sitting around so I've decided to see what I can do by putting it on the VT since I only had the car for 1 day. lol! With this setup it doesn't involve removing the whole airbox system. Then I made a carbon fiber leather cover to hide the inside the airbox.
With this setup the turbo spool up faster and louder. I'm pretty sure it added HP gain with it. By the end of the week I think I'm going to ordered a Greddy blue filter since it look weird being yellow. Let me know what you think and the color of the filter???

Here's a few photos:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
doesn't look bad. I do not like those foam filters though.

I also wouldn't have covered the air box because air will still be flowing through it that would be cooler than the warm air in the engine bay.

You probably picked up a little power simply because the lack in restriction.

Adding a filter like this or a cone filter is a really simple yet effective mod in my opinion.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's funny, I did the same thing last night. I removed the entire box and left everything else to keep cold air coming in. I couldn't tell any difference other than the annoying noise. So when I got home today from work I put the stock box back in.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's funny, I did the same thing last night. I removed the entire box and left everything else to keep cold air coming in. I couldn't tell any difference other than the annoying noise. So when I got home today from work I put the stock box back in.
lol!! I'm surprise you didn't notice as improvement. The noise I do notice but I did notice some extra power with my setup.
As far as what Turbosocks say about covering the airbox, I wanted to give it a stock look rather than looking cheap like I just open the lid and put a filter on it. Also the plus side is it only take 5 mins to put back to stock for warranty work.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Been thinking about doing that too since I have a brand new K&N cone filter laying around in its box still. Probably wait until the stock filter needs to be changed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts