Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried looking everywhere I can and have had no luck finding this, I was wondering if there was an OEM style hood with functional vents, the stock hood has fake vents on it and personally those bug me. I am also looking for an OEM style bumper that can actually add some downforce, as well as removing the area near the front license plate that is blocked off reducing the amount of airflow to the radiator. I have tried looking for both of them, but couldn't find them anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
You have to cut the vents to make them functional. Also the 16+ have ventless hoods.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
Venting the heat from the engine bay is doable without mutilation of the oem parts.

Aftermarket grille are made for the car.

You will also need Aftermarket crash bar to get more air flow to the radiator.

Can also buy front splitter for more downforce but doubt you'll need the extra downforce.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
The little plastic vents, just take them off and open up the middle. Then cut the plastic barrier underneath.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
448 Posts
I knew that was an option, however my goal is to buy one rather than mutilate the hood. Hence why I made the post
I really wouldn't call it mutilating parts if you take your time and measure a million times before you cut.

I did my hood with no previous experience but the reward for doing the vents were worth it.
The functionality of the vents work fantastic for keeping under hood temperatures down and carefully opening up the grill helped immensely to get more air into the engine bay and out the vents.

One of the best mods I have done to the car that serves not only function but eye candy as well. 😍
E3064E87-9176-4B00-97C5-DFB5BE1B189F.jpeg B6C15BA0-A85C-4D04-A03A-80E7C95B3D07.jpeg 0C7E56A0-202D-4133-A150-96EE2379AB01.jpeg 606C6C70-9F91-490A-9D30-185F6A7F6EE4.jpeg D28D0E5D-249B-4B07-ABD3-7306B923C834.jpeg

I do have to give credit where it's due and Verus Engineering make the best hood vents with all the instructions and templates you need to do it right.

I've always said that if you don't ever take chances in life you'll never reap the rewards of accomplishments.
I took that chance, took my time, and glad I did what I thought would be too difficult to do.
👍✌

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really wouldn't call it mutilating parts if you take your time and measure a million times before you cut.

I did my hood with no previous experience but the reward for doing the vents were worth it.
The functionality of the vents work fantastic for keeping under hood temperatures down and carefully opening up the grill helped immensely to get more air into the engine bay and out the vents.

One of the best mods I have done to the car that serves not only function but eye candy as well. 😍
View attachment 106185 View attachment 106186 View attachment 106187 View attachment 106188 View attachment 106189

I do have to give credit where it's due and Verus Engineering make the best hood vents with all the instructions and templates you need to do it right.

I've always said that if you don't ever take chances in life you'll never reap the rewards of accomplishments.
I took that chance, took my time, and glad I did what I thought would be too difficult to do.
👍✌
Sorry, I should've explained better, in the manufacturing industry mutilation is any change to the cars original look, such as changing the hood like that, that is why my goal was just to find on to purchase which doesn't appear to be available.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
If you do some searching on the forum myself and many others have posted methods to achieve what you want.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
58 Posts

View attachment 106185 View attachment 106186 View attachment 106187 View attachment 106188 View attachment 106189

👍✌
Damn that turned out cleeeeeeean!

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 10 of 10 Posts