Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo with A/T and full bolt-ons and will receive my BTRcc tune soon as well. I am wondering if having the A/T is going to be a problem with increased torque and if there is anything that can be done in the future to relieve some of these problems. And before I get railed for buying the A/T, just know that I'm already wishing I had bought the manual...

Any help/insight is appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Auto Transmission Transmission Issues? ****ed up the thread title lol...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I think TorkMe is the only one to have slipped the auto clutch. AZG23 has right around 290 wtq and hasn't had a problem yet so you should be fine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You've got the frowny face in your title, but you don't even know if there is a problem. I don't know how much HP they can really take, but my impression is that the auto trans are quite robust.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The title makes it sound as if you encountered a problem. If you're concerned about the trans then have the tuner scale back the torque for you. Like scuba said, azg has 290 w no problems. Contact torkme w questions. Btw if you haven't already purchased btrcc tune, its not too late to go w torkme :)

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
I agree about going with Torkme vs anyone that has a tune currently. I don't think anybody including BTRcc has done half as much research for their tunes like Torkme has. If you can not ask BTRcc the question you asked us about your trans, then I would stay away from them. Whereas with Torkme, he is making a very safe tune for us regardless if it is a/t or m/t. You can also ask him and he is VERY transparent with his products. Like Bauer said, if you haven't already committed to BTRcc, I would jump on this bandwagon:
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/tork-motorsports/4819-stage-0-stage-1-tunes-release.html#post107698

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Tork slipped the clutch on an M/T I believe he said...not an A/T. I'm well over 290 wtrq and still zero issues...on 19's and sticky Pilot Sports..leaves nice solid black 11's on the road when hammered.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nah he said he slipped an A/T at like 260 or something. But I'm assuming for now that it was a one time thing. Who knows.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
I believe Hyundai developed the AT specifically for the Turbo because the DCT was not able to handle the power reliably.

I'm sure the AT will be able to handle most anything you can put to it, all except maybe the most radical set ups that

would not be what you would be running on the street anyway.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would "like" to believe that they didn't build/pick the AT to just barely handle stock HP and throw a 100,000 mile warranty on it expecting it to last that long. Seems like that would be a poor business decision. But then again I don't have tuning capability or a dyno so my opinion is just that...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input everyone. Good to hear I shouldn't have any issues! As for the tuning comments that came up in some previous comments, I already purchased and received the BTRcc tune. Actually, I just installed it and guess what!? My car wont start...i'm going back through to make sure I did everything correctly, but since it's pretty straighforward i'm not sure where I could have gone wrong. And by not starting I mean that it's trying to (you can hear it trying to fire) but it just wont turn over. I will be very let down if I have to end up sending the ECU back to be fixed. If that's the case, I may go with TorkMe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts