Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first long (100+ mile) trip yesterday. This is a base manual with the cruise set at 62. Coming from an F-150, I gotta love it!:smile: What is everyone else getting?
Electronics Multimedia Vehicle Car Technology Car Vehicle Auto part Mid-size car Technology

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Ditka85,

Would you mind telling me how to get to that particular screen you have displayed in the first pic?

Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here are two ECO screens, one from Saturday night coming back from South Beach on SR-836, and the second one is from today Sunday coming back from Key Largo, mostly highway. Sorry for the fuzzy images, but I don't have a nice cam on my phone.

Vehicle audio Electronics Electronic device Technology Multimedia
Vehicle Electronics Vehicle audio Multimedia Car

RCPROD you can get to this screen by pressing Setup/Info button, then Info, then top right button for ECO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just filled up tonight. 2nd tank of gas for me.
236.6 miles
10.72 gallons
Regular unleaded
22.07 MPG

~200 miles urban freeway with the balance running around suburban errands in town with mostly 2-5 mile jaunts.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Dawgfan, I'm right there with you. I do about 3-5 hard pulls each day tho so it's what I expect. Maybe I need to turn on ECO and set 40 MPG to be my goal, at least just once right? The other problem is I deal with traffic that kills my MPG. Also how can I get to that menu, lol seriously speaking...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hit the Info/Setup button and then choose the Eco Coach to get the screen above. It polls mileage every 2 and a half minutes and charts against a 30mpg average.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I could get 28-35 MPG , but then some asshole pisses me off and I start driving fast again..... lol. averaging 23-25 but still having fun with it, so i don't mind. I always cruise control my MT at 55-65 for about 20 miles a day so i get back a bit of average MPG there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just filled up tonight. 2nd tank of gas for me.
236.6 miles
10.72 gallons
Regular unleaded
22.07 MPG

~200 miles urban freeway with the balance running around suburban errands in town with mostly 2-5 mile jaunts.
Third fill up was with Premium so the numbers *may* be skewed due to the octane change or the fact that the engine is breaking in or both. Nearly identical driving conditions as the previous week but better results.

215.8 Miles
8.17 Gallons

26.41 MPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got 1 eco reward lol.. on long trips I get about 38-45. During the week with work and driving around, I am still getting 31-32. I have changed my driving habits so that I can get some more efficiency out of it. There is an eco screen like this, and a blue max game everyone (atleast in the US).

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Trip Computer Averaged out at 35.3 MPG, however when I calculated by using Distance traveled, and Fuel Used, i actually only averaged out at 32 MPG....looks like the built in computer is off by 3 miles... :disappointed:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The Trip Computer Averaged out at 35.3 MPG, however when I calculated by using Distance traveled, and Fuel Used, i actually only averaged out at 32 MPG....looks like the built in computer is off by 3 miles... :disappointed:
I would average between the 2 unless you are putting the same amount of gas every time and ending up with the same amount of fuel ie.... 10 gallons and 3/4 tank. But as is both calculation are very close

1 - 20 of 37 Posts