Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Problem:

Purchased Eibach prokit to lower car, improve handling, blah blah. With current wheel/tire setup on my 2015 r-spec, the rear ended up compressing to just about 1/8th of an inch or less too low, this means when hitting bumps, I'd end up hitting my quarter panels. (This was tested by a 230lb man sitting on the rear end)
I'm looking for some sort of thicker spring insulator, or adjustable spring perch that will work with the Eibach springs (which should be about the same as stock for Inner diameter) and our perch (probably the top one?)
OR if anyone has measurements for our spring perches, i'd appreciate that information as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The tire is hitting the rear quarter? If so where at on the tire? Full specs on tire/wheel setup? Is camber an option?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eibach prokit lowering springs.
17x8.5 et35 wheels
245/35 tires (Yokohama snow tires)
The quarter ends up hitting the tire on the sidewall just outside the tread.

Picture is at stock ride heigh, for now I have the eibachs in the front and stock in the rear. Not a big fan of how this feels...
Could run a stretch tire setup, dont really want to go to a smaller sidewall, the roads up here are brutal and the 18" factory setup wasn't doing the job
This car already appears to come with a decent amount of camber in the rear. I'd rather not add more, I actually drive over 30k miles/year and need my tires to last.
I actually really like the look of this tire and wheel setup, that's why I'd prefer to add height to the spring via a thicker spring insulator or adjustable perch if possible.
Was looking at something like this.

But I'm unsure what the dimensions of our spring perches are. I can't get the car in the air for a little while to measure everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:
Front isn't nearly as okay as I thought it was. Looks like the Eibachs are coming off and I'll be going with the h&r sport kit with only a 1" drop.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Issue is really the wrong tire/wheel/suspension combo. Change in any of these will help so depends on the route you want to take and budget.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful rims and the color is ?.
Offset is the key factor with your setup and going as low as what Eibach gives you.
H&R has the perfect drop for most cars and I'm on my second set for my second car.
Being a progressive spring they're ride is amazing and when you get frisky in the turns they're nice and tight.
Im pretty happy with them on my Hyundai and was very happy with them on my Toyota.
Good luck with it. Those rims are pretty sweet. ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So, got everything sorted. Went to 225/45r17 summer tires, same 17x8.5 +35 rims. H&R lowering springs. Looks great, rides great, handles great.
10/10 would recommend this setup. Moving to 17" rims improves the ride quality SO MUCH for these cars.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
225/45r17 is what I run on base nav wheels. Perfect size.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Basically same specs as the 16+ VT tires which are 225/40R18. Same width and height as the 225/45R17 just different sidewall from wheel size difference. Once decent power is added 225 is a no go below 40 mph :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 245/40r17's I had were just BARELY rubbing with the h&r springs and this offset (which is so perfect a fitment) hopefully by next fall I'll just roll the fenders and move back to those. They looked better, and certainly would grip better if my summer set was 245 (those were Yokohama ice guards)
I'd imagine adding too much power would roast the 225 tires, this car already spins the fronts so easily stock.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
lol yes, that's why you need a better tire, atleast a super 200 instead of these all seasons you guys like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts