Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 VT Turbo Rspec Manual With tech package and premium Sound system ..

I bought a Hikitty 4G +16gb Radio i want to keep the facrtory amp .. also want to go with a after market Remote start Skiip the blue link (Has not Worked Since i Ordered it )
my car wont activate ... Any Suggestions would help seen a few on here but nothing what im looking for

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
89 Posts
The RSpec and the Tech package are mutually exclusive, if you have one you don't have the other. If you have the Tech Package with sunroof, pushbutton start, Dimension audio, navigation, heated seats etc, then you have a VT, not an RSpec.

...also, it's going to be tough (for good reason) to find a remote-start kit that will work on a manual transmission... I know they exist, but boy the first time you forget to park in Neutral (which you should never do) then it's going to be a bad day all around.

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
Viper makes a unit for a manual and you really can’t get left with it armed and in gear. There are specific events required to arm it. Mine has been great.

take pics and send links of the stuff you are looking at!

belsee makes a unit that works for the regular non amped radio I haven’t looked to see if they made one for amped. Or maybe it works with both?

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
89 Posts
Viper makes a unit for a manual and you really can’t get left with it armed and in gear. There are specific events required to arm it. Mine has been great.
I would honestly love the functionality of this but I don't think I could bring myself to being okay with parking my car in neutral... that "never ever park in neutral" training from 25+ years ago is just too deeply ingrained I think :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
Parking brake! And I turn the wheel against the curb on hills.

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RSpec and the Tech package are mutually exclusive, if you have one you don't have the other. If you have the Tech Package with sunroof, pushbutton start, Dimension audio, navigation, heated seats etc, then you have a VT, not an RSpec.

...also, it's going to be tough (for good reason) to find a remote-start kit that will work on a manual transmission... I know they exist, but boy the first time you forget to park in Neutral (which you should never do) then it's going to be a bad day all around.

So the rspec does not come with sunroof pushstat navigation ect...?
i thought the tech package just ment the upgraded stereo 8 speakers and the 120v plug in the center console ..
because i have the sunroof and all that u mentioned .. So its not a Rspec? :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

says i have tech package installed and its 201 hp did they false advertise this to me?
Light Product Azure Blue Rectangle

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
89 Posts
So its not a Rspec? :(
Nope, the R-Spec is barebones for weight savings, but has the nice short-throw shifter and if I'm not mistaken sport-tuned steering and suspension. But no leather seats, sunroof, that sort of thing because it all adds weight.
You, my friend, have a VT M/T with Tech package... me too! Great cars, I love mine. The engine is the same, they're not lying about the engine specs, they just got the model wrong. The R-Spec also has special badging, cloth seats (weight savings again), a bunch of other details... I just looked at the photos on the site and definitely not an R-Spec.
Personally tho, I'd call it a win... The creature comforts are nice!

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
89 Posts
did they false advertise this to me?
Carvana often has no idea what they're selling. When I bought mine from them they had the model correct but they said it had the Tech and Style packages, then a super-knowledgeable member here pointed out that the Style package wasn't even available on VTs, only on the non-turbo V... of course I went and pulled up the original model options pamphlet from '15 and yep... He was right. I definitely do not have the Style package 😂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, the R-Spec is barebones for weight savings, but has the nice short-throw shifter and if I'm not mistaken sport-tuned steering and suspension. But no leather seats, sunroof, that sort of thing because it all adds weight.
You, my friend, have a VT M/T with Tech package... me too! Great cars, I love mine. The engine is the same, they're not lying about the engine specs, they just got the model wrong. The R-Spec also has special badging, cloth seats (weight savings again), a bunch of other details... I just looked at the photos on the site and definitely not an R-Spec.
Personally tho, I'd call it a win... The creature comforts are nice!

ok ... so now im really just looking to install this aftermarket radio but keep the factory amp as well because if i dont i lose the 8 speaker sound system ... and just have subs.... lol...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts