Veloster Turbo Forum banner
201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Good to see some new people joining.

I did see a couple you guys at UC. I had the black VT with all the ricer stickers and tow hook lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm located in Sylvan Lake, Ab. Seen a couple other VT's in and around Red Deer but haven't talked to any other owners. Anyone around here go to Cruise Night in Red Deer in the summer?

·
Registered
82 Posts
There's a quite a few red deer members on the Alberta Veloster Club on facebook. Welcome to this page thou. Are you going to be at the sylvan lake car show in July?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@AutobotVT yeah I'll most likely be there. Know of anyone else going?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I will be heading down to that with Misfit Tuners. I don't know if any one from my group is putting there cars in but we will be down there for sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey guys, been awhile since I posted as well.... been my busiest semester at school but I'm done for the year now and back at work. Got my summer tires on a couple weeks ago but there's almost no tread left on the front and even less on the back... Time to put some real tires on! :D Any of you running something other than the stock Kumho's and/or got any advice? :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I'm thinking of Continental DWS tyres when I've squeezed the last KM out of my Kumho's. I'm also jumping up to 225's (215's suck)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I totally agree with the 225's. That was my plan as well. The DWS are an all season correct? Do you leave the same tires on all year or do you have dedicated winter tires?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I run 16" wheels fitted with Michelin X-Ice3's for the winter .. way better ride for those conditions

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm running yokohama S.Drives in 225/40 R18 and I so far have put about 1000k on them and they are awesome. Insane amount of grip in corners with agressive driving, instant hook up off the line and really smooth ride with minimal road noise. I'm very happy with this purchase and can't wait to hit the track with them later this year

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
I have 235/40r18 falkens azenis. They are pretty good but when they are done I will probably go down to a 225.

Lots of grip in the summer and they are a comfortable tire. Not terrible on the road noise. But once there is a heavy rain they show some weakness. And forget about not changing them before the snow flys, 0 traction what so ever on that shitty white crap.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think I'm going with 225/40R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06. Seems a lot of forum members run DWS's and love them! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Alberta Crew!

How many VT members do you guys have over there?!!? We should get a bunch of us who want to get tuned together and get John from Tork to fly his ass over there and do a tuning event!! ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey Alberta Crew!

How many VT members do you guys have over there?!!? We should get a bunch of us who want to get tuned together and get John from Tork to fly his ass over there and do a tuning event!! ;)
Would be cool but that's a long trip... he'd probably need a large list of people committed to getting a tune and I'm not sure we'd have enough interest? :/ I mean I guess he's gone far before but... it's expensive for us to get tuned with our weak CAD :crazy:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well then let me pose the better question;

Who would be interested?!?!?!?!

I'd be in 100% - Coming from Saskatoon (Might be able to gather up others from SK as well)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I sure like the idea but... unsure if I'd have the necessary funding yet :/ 1 more year of school left then I can work full time and worry less about cash flow... hopefully :crazy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I want a tune but that won't be till next year if at all possible. I just did wheels/tires and have my exhaust in the way. That was already a huge expense this year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
I have actually been looking in to getting a tune. And seeing as I will be fully bolted by the end of June, a tune would be awesome.

So yes I am interested.

201 - 220 of 220 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.