Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting comfortable with the car and driving a little more sporty and now my alignment seems off. I might have tapped the rear right wheel yesterday when turning into the hood.
So today the car seems perfectly aligned and does not pull but the steering wheel is at the 11:30 position.
Did I bump the rear suspension out of alignment?
How easily is the Veloster to mess up on the alignment?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,709 Posts
everything is screwed together pretty tight so you would need a decent hit to bend or break something. i ran over a large piece of road at the end of this past winter that bent a rim and a tierod as well as blew a brand new koni shock. i ended up replacing LCA, swaybar endlinks, tierod ends.... i had over 100k on these components anyways.

rear wheel wouldnt have any bearing on how the front wheels sit as far as i know... you should experience pulling in that case. i would check your tire pressures...

·
Registered
2016 VT
31 Posts
I'm not even sure you could mess up the rear alignment considering there is a torsion bar (I think that's the name) back there. There's no adjustments as far as I know that you could make back there so there's nothing to hit out of alignment. The front is obviously a different story but if you didn't hit that on anything then I'm not sure why it's not in the right position.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
634 Posts
I have been getting comfortable with the car and driving a little more sporty and now my alignment seems off. I might have tapped the rear right wheel yesterday when turning into the hood.
So today the car seems perfectly aligned and does not pull but the steering wheel is at the 11:30 position.
Did I bump the rear suspension out of alignment?
How easily is the Veloster to mess up on the alignment?

Thanks
First of all stop running into curves. 😂😜😉
Having the steering wheel out of 12 o'clock position tells me you have a tie rod issue.
Id take it to an alignment shop. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Good luck. 🙏🏽👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks. Will inspect this weekend and if it persists get an alignment done. Something feels looser and not sure if the steering system is breaking in after 30k miles or something is going bad.

Yeah not planning on hitting curbs but this is my first FWD car with this much torque and under steer. 😀

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
634 Posts
Thanks folks. Will inspect this weekend and if it persists get an alignment done. Something feels looser and not sure if the steering system is breaking in after 30k miles or something is going bad.

Yeah not planning on hitting curbs but this is my first FWD car with this much torque and under steer. 😀
Yeah please be careful with the car in its present condition.
It's the front steering and if something major breaks you won't be able to control the car.
If you can get under the front end by jacking up the car, removing the wheels, and inspecting both tie rod ends for damage. Check the lock nuts on the outer tie rods to make sure they're tight.

Since the car is up on the stands turn the steering wheel to the straight forwar position and have a look at the tie rods and both hubs to see how they're pointing. This will give you an idea of what to do next with it.
Good luck and be safe with it for now. 🙏🏽👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts