Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
thats a great idea ^ but maybe that should be a whole new thread...
Good idea. Its not really maintenance is it? Lol. I'll start a new thread on it later today in the performance section. I'm on my phone right now, since I'm in my other ride. :D

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Out of the 3 plugs listed in this thread, which is the best to go with for a non tuned VT? I see allot of talk about the NGK 1422 but it seems those might be geared around the tuned VTs more. Cost isn't my concern but if there is a better plug than OEM I'd like to buy it. Allot of talk going on about plugs in several different threads so wanted to know for sure.

• OEM: NGK SILZKR6D8E
  • Autolite: Autolite XP5703
  • NGK 1 step cooler: NGK ILKRE6 1422

·
Registered
931 Posts
Out of the 3 plugs listed in this thread, which is the best to go with for a non tuned VT? I see allot of talk about the NGK 1422 but it seems those might be geared around the tuned VTs more. Cost isn't my concern but if there is a better plug than OEM I'd like to buy it. Allot of talk going on about plugs in several different threads so wanted to know for sure.

• OEM: NGK SILZKR6D8E
  • Autolite: Autolite XP5703
  • NGK 1 step cooler: NGK ILKRE6 1422
Interested in this too...

·
Registered
969 Posts
It might be best to just check the plugs even if you don't suspect any wear & tear. Recently changed mine @ just over 30k miles.
image.jpg

·
Registered
931 Posts
anybody know the part number for the manifold gasket? where the downpipe meets the manifold?
can't seem to find it online on the parts search

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
anybody know the part number for the manifold gasket? where the downpipe meets the manifold?
can't seem to find it online on the parts search
The turbo outlet gasket p/n (I think this what you're looking for) is 28286-2B700.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Cool thanks, just called to change my order, had it wrong, stupid diagrams

What's the reason u changed Urs ?
I bought one for when I get a DP. I had ordered new plugs so I just got a few other things too.

·
Registered
931 Posts
interesting,

i got a solo DP, been having problems with it ever since install. I just now purchased a new gasket and plan on uninstalling and reinstalling the DP to see if i can fix the leak i believe is causing all these weird sounds.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Cool thanks, just called to change my order, had it wrong, stupid diagrams

What's the reason u changed Urs ?
So I just realized what I gave you for the number for is #4 not #2. The one that connects the DP to the exhaust system.

·
Registered
931 Posts
So I just realized what I gave you for the number for is #4 not #2. The one that connects the DP to the exhaust system.
No worries, I ended up canceling the order, I removed the luxon xbrace and the sound is gone. Solo dp is installed correctly, doesn't leak and sounds great.
Luxon on the other hand is cheap nasty products

21 - 40 of 55 Posts