Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? I've found the info on this forum quite helpful over the past couple of years so I thought I'd share an upgrade of mine that finally came to fruition. Through a lot of research and bit of trial and error I've found that 2011-2015 i40 aluminum control arms are a direct replacement for gen 1 Velosters. They're also about 2 lbs lighter and gave me 1.3 degrees of camber. You will need an alignment after as the toe was way off and you can use the same poly bushings for our cars. The OE part numbers are 54500-3Z000 for the left and 54501-3Z000 for the right but I chose to get Febi Bilstein arms 173585 & 173586 out of the UK. The job is pretty easy if you have a ball joint separator. Let me know what y'all think.

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
227 Posts
Now that's interesting. Does the camber come directly from the arm, or did allow you to adjust the camber farther out to -1.3 degrees?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The camber came directly from installing the arm. The length must be just a hair longer.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts
nice find!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
737 Posts
The -1.3 camber won't hurt at all to have in the car and eliminates the need for camber bolts to gain a bit of camber.

Very nice find and so appreciated for those looking to improve their ride using factory components. 🙏👍

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
227 Posts
Since it's OEM should still preserve any warranties still active as well. Finally get some front camber with stock suspension parts

Reactions: misnblu

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,320 Posts
Oem part from another car does not retain the warranty for that part of the car.

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
indeed it is completely different looking lol

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
i would like to think they would fit, but a few measurements with a caliper would be needed to be sure.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, the reason I asked it that I'm going to start a front end build once I decide if I want to go with Koni insert struts or KYB struts. I have H&R springs (FRT 1in / RR .60 drop), Big Brake kit, SS brake lines, Whiteline front swaybar links, and 15/20 wheel spacers. So this would be the prefect time to do the control arms.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
737 Posts
Well, the reason I asked it that I'm going to start a front end build once I decide if I want to go with Koni insert struts or KYB struts. I have H&R springs (FRT 1in / RR .60 drop), Big Brake kit, SS brake lines, Whiteline front swaybar links, and 15/20 wheel spacers. So this would be the prefect time to do the control arms.
You do realize that special end joints do not last that long and offer a harsher ride. 🤔

You will have more precise steering but you'll also need to make sure your chassis is up to par with the proper reinforcements and getting some rigid collars would also benefit the car as well. 👍

Good luck.
Read up on spherical ends to make sure you want them and can live with their short life and harsher ride. 👍🙏

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
yes indeed - this is why they are mostly used on track/racing cars. they are a highly consumable item. they are not as protected as say, spherical joints at the top of coilovers. they will fill with road grime, dirt and pebbles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts