• No, I couldn't

Votes: 3 11.5%
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
After exploring lots of options and playing with the Head Unit, I was able to stream my android phone to the Veloster Screen :cool:

20150331_174554.jpg 20150331_174706.jpg 20150331_175849.jpg 20150331_175921.jpg

If anyone is really interested in doing this, I will write a proper user manual.

I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo M/T with Tech Package
Most important part - I was able to disable the 'VIDEO in PARK mode'

Important Poll
Hold on the Info/Setup Button (atleast 5 secs), after you have turned on your car.
If you see 'OK', press that, and you will see a numpad asking for password. (Probably 95829582 will take you to Win CE.

If you don't see an OK button, please press on the corner of the screen ONLY ONCE in following order
(Left Top, Left Bottom, Right Top, Right Bottom) [the screen's not very responsive, try doing this a few times before giving up] If you had to do this, probably 73148320 will take you to Win CE.

After you enter the passcode and press 'OK', it will take a few seconds to enter Win CE. This should do no harm.
If you want to exit Win CE, either turn 'OFF' the car for 5-10 min or simply press the reset button (insert a hairpin, I use Note 4's S-Pen) on Top Left Corner.

I would need everyone's help in trying to understand the differences in the systems. Please try doing this. And answer the Poll.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Alright, brace yourselves, here comes the procedure
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The important part - Disclaimer - We are messing with the important parts of the head unit. Although, this shouldn't directly affect the car in anyway. I take no responsibility if you damage your system by following this procedure.
Another Disclaimer - Don't do stupid things while driving. Like watching 'Game of Thrones', or you might 'Die Hard'.
The intention is to bring up the Dashcommand or Torque App Data to your screen. Don't stare at your screen too much, you might get in an accident. I will not be responsible, if you drove your car into a dinosaur (in a museum ofcourse).

Step 1. Most imp. back up your system image to your pen drive

1a. Get inside the Windows CE
Hold on the Info/Setup Button (atleast 5 secs), after you have turned on your car.
If you see 'OK', press that, and you will see a numpad asking for password. (Probably 95829582 will take you to Win CE.

If you don't see an OK button, please press on the corner of the screen ONLY ONCE in following order
(Left Top, Left Bottom, Right Top, Right Bottom) [the screen's not very responsive, try doing this a few times before giving up] If you had to do this, probably 73148320 will take you to Win CE.

After you enter the passcode and press 'OK', it will take a few seconds to enter Win CE. This should do no harm.
If you want to exit Win CE, either turn 'OFF' the car for 5-10 min or simply press the reset button (insert a hairpin, I use Note 4's S-Pen) on Top Left Corner.
1b. Format your jump drive as 'FAT32'
pendrive.jpg
Then follow these steps (once inside CE)
1. In CE click on MY DEVICE on desktop.
2. (Make sure your USB stick is plugged in.
3. Go to VIEW > OPTIONS
4. Uncheck all three boxes and hit OK
5. Click VIEW and then select DETAILS
6. Go to "Storage Card" under My Device
7. Highlight "System" Folder by tapping
8. Hit EDIT (at the top task bar)
9. Hit COPY
10. Go to your USB drive (Usually Labeled MD under "My Device")
11. Hit EDIT
12. Hit PASTE
13. Move the folder to PC and zip. This is your backup. You need to keep a copy with you.
Remove your back-up jump drive. Deposit it in a bank vault :wink:

Step 2 - Format your jump drive (FAT32), so that it does not contain any files (or simply grab a 2nd jump drive)

Download this file (it belongs to the car, it does not contain any malware)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9sm7T717gpqZ013YzVJQTQ3akk&authuser=1
Extract this file to your 2nd jump drive. And take it to your car.

Start CE (See Step 1.a) and open the pen drive ( Labeled MD under "My Device"). Double click on video_enabler.bat
Wait a minute or two.
Turn 'OFF' your car, wait for 5 min, or reset your head unit.

You should see 'OK', press that, and you will see a numpad asking for password.
Enter 90019001, it should say, Driving Regulation mode PARK.

Note - After you are done with this, if you want to go back into Win CE, you need to enter '95829582'
If you see this, you have succeeded in preventing the head unit from turning 'OFF' the video feed.
Now you can connect devices via the RCA cable that came with your car. Yes if you have kids, they can play xbox while you are driving.

End of car hacking

I will write another step by step procedure on my method of screen casting my Note 4.
Here's a short description, but you might want to wait for a long procedure with images and stuff.

I have NETGEAR PTV3000, which allows you to cast the android screen.
If you have a Chromecast, and you can cast your phone screen to your TV, then try using the Chromecast? (I have chromecast, but I haven't tried this)

I have connected my NETGEAR screen cast module via an HDMI to a 'HDMI to Analog Video Out Box' (Google 'Tendak 1080P HDMI to AV' approx 20$ on amazon, I am not advertising this product, it worked in my case, there are similar products with terrible reviews)
The output of this box are female RCA ports (red,yellow,white.......yawnnn...) connect this to the Hyundai supplied female port to AUX. Yes you will need male to male adapters, or simply buy a cable.

Power the HDMI to AV converter by the 110V inverter, or simply plug the cigarette lighter USB power cable.
DONT USE THE CAR's BUILTIN USB PORT FOR POWERING HDMI to AV converter. It does not have sufficient power rating.
I could power the NETGEAR PTV with CAR's built-in USB port. Once you plug the AUX, the video should show up (Audio should work too).

Get yourself an OBD Bluetooth (I got it from scan tool.net - OBD Link LX) (I havent tried the OBD Wifi)
Connect your phone to the OBD and fire up torque app, mirror your screen and drive!

If things worked out for you, I would appreciate a beer/starbucks.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Most Important Part.
The script 'video_enabler.bat' was modified by me, but I am NOT the original author. The files vulcan.exe and vulcan.map too do not belong to me. I think a guy named Dezoris might be the original author. (from *************)
Everything, that I have used was found from the ************* forum.
But there was no 'ready to eat' recipie that would work for my car (and the fellow turbo owners).
This made me explore, and I shall take the exploration credit.
I can't promise, but I will try to comeup with a similar script to replace the default screen image, logo, screensaver etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dude that looks great. Would love to be able to do that. Yes, write it up. Would it work with an iPhone?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Very interested. Post it up! I would love to get rid of the tablet mounted.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Reactions: Trajic_1 and dseg30

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its not an April Fool's joke
Apologize for the shake. I was driving within my apartment complex area, and this winter has caused severe damage to the road. (I live in Michigan)

FYI, in above video, I forgot to configure dashcommand to use right PID's, hence the Torque and Power are not getting updated.
Also, this video shows part of my screen missing, but I was able to fix this.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Can't wait for the write up!!!!

Reactions: Zapper

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pumped for the write up!!! I'm a 13' MT base... Crosses fingers that this worked for meeeeeee!!!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Please for the love of all that is holy do a DIY write up!

·
Registered
451 Posts
YESSSSS!!!! Hope this works for the '14s!!:cool2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hasn't this been done already? The video adapter for the phone is like $20 on Amazon. This will only allow mirroring of the phone screen to car. No control from head unit.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's fine! I don't need screen control. Just getting it streaming on the head unit is enough for me!

Reactions: orbeavhawk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hasn't this been done already? The video adapter for the phone is like $20 on Amazon. This will only allow mirroring of the phone screen to car. No control from head unit.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk
For 13 turbo? I was never able to find a working solution before getting my hands dirty.
And yes, I have only streamed the screen. No control via head unit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Impatiently waiting for write up..

·
Registered
965 Posts
I need this...this could convert me from my ultragauge back to torque...

Of course, I would much rather use both

*EDIT* Just saw you can get a obd2 splitter...may get one and try this out

·
Registered
146 Posts
Please give me!!!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts