Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be much obliged if anyone has some input for me, and yes I read all 4 pages of replies on the stickied' thread.

I have a '16 VT @ 57k miles. At about 45k miles I had a significant misfire on the freeway, CEL immediately & the car went to the shop and had valves walnut blasted, new spark plugs, new oem BoV & wastegate solenoids, and they put the stock BoV back on for me (had a TurboXS hybrid). Got the car back, felt way better, and drove great until a month or so ago I was parked in my driveway & after sitting in idle. After about 10 minutes the car randomly started having difficulty keeping RPM stable (around 750), gauge cluster/cabin lights got dimmer/brighter with the RPM drops, and then just kind of shut itself off. It then took about 5 tries to get the car started again, where it ran for about 30 seconds and shut off again. Not a single CEL. The next day I replaced the low-pressure fuel pump (under rear seats) and have not had an issue since then until last week.

Now since last week, there's about a 20% chance that when I come to a stop or rolling stop, especially at yield signs, the engine wants to stall. From what I can tell it happens most often when in drive with ECO mode on, only ever happens in 2nd gear when I begin accellerating. Throttle had no effect of RPM or speed. The only way I've been able to prevent it from stalling completely is to quickly come to full stop, put the car in neutral, wait a few seconds, and go back to drive. This works about 50% of the time. Also noticed that when this happens and especially right after, the car has a really shaky/hard idle.
Yesterday I replaced all my sparkplugs with plugs pre-gapped at 0.033 (I know OEM rec 0.028), and it looked like whatever plugs were in my car were even more gapped than that. The sparkplug in cyl #4 looked like it hadn't been firing, with almost no signs of wear on it, awesome. Then during the test drive, it had a completely different idle feeling (no shaking/etc.), no issues with accelerating from low RPM 2nd gear in D w/ECO. A few short drives later and the car does the exact same thing as before, but the idle still feels way better.

I also have an AEM short ram intake (I took the extension off) and have since replaced the BoV solenoid with the MAC sensor and the wastegate solenoid with the Pierburg sensor.
I have already ordered an ignition coil for that cylinder to rule the coil itself out. The only other thing I can think of would be to replace the MAP sensor.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Grille

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
What are all the codes when you scan the car?

You need all proper parts on the car in good working order, good electrical system, and good tune, good maintenance to have a good running car no issues. You may have many things going on here thus may have many issues.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are all the codes when you scan the car?

You need all proper parts on the car in good working order, good electrical system, and good tune, good maintenance to have a good running car no issues. You may have many things going on here thus may have many issues.
There isn't any CELs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts