Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 VT M/T
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to (try)keep this brief.

Hey all! I purchased Tork Motorsports OBD2 Flash Bundle early this year in preparation for upping my ‘16 VT (6MT)’s performance. And boy, did this tune make a difference. I read the reviews (even the bad ones), did my research, and stalked the heck out of the forums for info on making good and reliable power on this Powertrain.

My VT is tuned (Stage 1) for 93 and methanol injection and has the following engine modifications: 160* thermostat, 3TBS, 60mm throttle body, 3” catless turbo-back, CAI, Water/meth kit, oil pan spacer, dual OCCs, upgraded EBCS and MAC BOV, DW65c, upgraded fuel line, upgraded upper and rear motor mounts, Cerma treated, vented oil cap, and upgraded hot pipe; I have a few more goodies 😈 on the way (taking an eternity to be shipped due to current events) and will update.

Every time I start up my VT, I know I’m in for a good time. My nightly commute is a thing of pure bliss and therapy. The powerband has been drastically increased from stock, improved turbo spool, ECTs never go past 205* and IATs always hover 11-20 degrees beneath ambient (when casually cruising) and the sounds emitted from the exhaust when at WOT snaps necks and leave people stunned.

John @ Tork Motorsports has been and continues to be very helpful with this experience. I will be providing vids and sound clips along with data logs soon if anyone here is interested in viewing. Hope this (mini) review helps any potential customers and provided some insight.

Stay safe comrades.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,493 Posts
Glad it's working out good thus far. Looking forward to the datalogs. I can tell you what to log and what certain parameters should look like to be safe for the car. Most of the tork tunes I come across have been ok with the mods you have but without some cooling mods and on pump gas only they're hit n miss being safe. Keep in mind that the definition of safe will vary from a tuner with many engine failures vs a tuner with none. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
great to hear!

Reactions: I’mNewHere

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,493 Posts
Have to post in .csv format somehow, a link to them, or a link to it uploaded into a datazap account.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts