Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there will be any issues if I try higher profiles tire like 45?

or get new wheels 18x8 and using 225/45/18 tires.

Do consider on lowering the car with ARK GT-F or NGM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides speedometer and odometer will be off.

Would there be any rubbing and fitting issues since the diameter is larger?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I do not think it would rub. But there really isn't no way of knowing unless someone has done it before or putting them on and testing them out. Why would you want a higher profile?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not think it would rub. But there really isn't no way of knowing unless someone has done it before or putting them on and testing them out. Why would you want a higher profile?
Its really just a preference and seeing if it would work first.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Honestly, I am one of those people who care about what kind of brand your clothes and shoes are....BUT FOR TIRES lol (I honestly do not care about brand unless its about tires)

So michelin and bridgestones would be my recommendation. in a 215/45r18 If you don't want to spend that much, get bridgestone potenza re760 sport, it meets all of the VT specs (87w). if you want the best then just get 225/45r18 michelin pilot super sport, they also come with a 30k mile warranty. again that tire would meet the vt's specs. I would go with either one because either one would drive 100 times better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the recommendation and I was thinking about the Kumho Ecsta 4X which are all season tires..

I wish someone had 225/45/18 or 215/45/18 on their Veloster that would voice there opinion...

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation and I was thinking about the Kumho Ecsta 4X which are all season tires..

I wish someone had 225/45/18 or 215/45/18 on their Veloster that would voice there opinion...
I don't even think you can get the kumho ecsta 4x. I checked tire rack and discount. might be an old tire or something.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts

I have these (Kumho Ecsta 4X KU22) on my VT, 225/40/18s and I have nothing but good things to say about them! ....liked them so much on my VT, that I just bought a set of them in 255/35/20 for my wife's Regal GS.

Kumho Ecsta 4X

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have 225/45/18 and it rubs a tiny bit on left turns... but the wheel has to be turned all the way. I have the gt-s springs and a really hard bump it will touch the plastic in the fender well. Nothing serious tho I love it. It ate up fender gap and gave me a lower appearance when it's actually sitting higher. This is called a mind f#&K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.