Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already looking forward to my first oil change and RP is going in. Anyone have any idea what the stock fill it? Mobil 1?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read on ***** that the stock oil is quaker state synthetic. What specific kind of RP are you putting in?

I've been using HPS ever since it was released and i love it. It's a few dollars more then regular RP but well worth it IMO. I used to be a big Mobil 1 guy till they changed the formula.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
What sae weight should we be using if we live in an area with mild winters and below 90 summers specifically Connecticut..
I've been using HPS ever since it was released and i love it. It's a few dollars more then regular RP but well worth it IMO. I used to be a big Mobil 1 guy till they changed the formula.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't care for either Royal Purple or Amsoil. I prefer brands that are race tested.

There are little official rating insignia on every jug of oil that tell you what standards they can pass. Make sure any oil you use have the same ratings of the oil that Hyundai recommends and nothing less.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is it safe to go by race tested? No race is 3000 miles and b4 each race they change the oil. I think that the worst performing oil on the mraket can hold up in any 500 lap race. As per the rating that's right on, at the very least match factory specs

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing why Hyundai pushes Quaker State... Korean owned?

The shop manager at my dealership said he would def prefer that I run full synthetic and change every 3K miles since it is a turbo. And I have the free oil changes etc warranty, without deductibles, so I think he was being honest with me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Full synth is better for any car, I just wish changes were less frequent. Every 3k is tough on my budget

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not understanding why the dealership is telling me that the oil they put in my car is only good for half the mileage that the oil manufacturer claims. Sounds strange to me.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Race tested is very important to me.

It shows that the oil manufacturer is actively pursuing research and development and that they have confidence in their product. Even a 500 mile race is much tougher on oil than 3,000 miles in your car. And there are 2 very important 2,500 mile races, the 24 Hours of LeMans and the 24 Hours of Daytona.

More importantly racing shows that the car manufacturer has faith in the oil. Whether it is a $200,000 NASCAR car or a $40,000,000 LeMans car they won't risk running oil that they don't trust.

Car | Castrol EDGE

·
Registered
618 Posts
Race tested is very important to me.

It shows that the oil manufacturer is actively pursuing research and development and that they have confidence in their product. Even a 500 mile race is much tougher on oil than 3,000 miles in your car. And there are 2 very important 2,500 mile races, the 24 Hours of LeMans and the 24 Hours of Daytona.

More importantly racing shows that the car manufacturer has faith in the oil. Whether it is a $200,000 NASCAR car or a $40,000,000 LeMans car they won't risk running oil that they don't trust.

Car | Castrol EDGE
Thank you that does make sense

1 - 20 of 24 Posts