Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm french veloster's driver :cool:

I search solutions about exhaust modifications.
I would like change only the "resonator" (just after catalyst), WITHOUT making any modifications on the stock system (in France, laws are strict about it). I just want "replace", like "plug and play" ! Then, I can plug the stock system like I want (or..when there is a technic control)

Do you know if it's possible with, for example, magnaflow 1042 linked to the bastuck pipe HY/VEL-2 with clamps ?
No problems with the stock catalyst dimensions ? Do you know his dimension ? Because I don't know .. 68mm ? :/

Or, this solution : Fox HY170000
It's more simple ?

Thank to all and sorry about my bad vocabulary :S

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Best way to go about keeping the system stock is to buy a cat back or axle back that allows you remove and replace your stock cat back or axle back whenever you want. Or, you can buy a stock mid pipe and have it modified in any way you want. That way, when it's time for tech inspection, you just remove it and replace the stock one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and thank
I search a not expensive solutions (under 200€ = ~238$)
Catback / axle back, are more expensive, bacause it's a "full" exhaust (example, for just the magnaflow 10426 + bastuck pipe HY/VEL-2 : total = ~160€).
But with that solution (magnaflow+bastuck), I don't know if it fit into the catalyst stock (?) :/

Explanation =>
We know that the "Bastuck pipe HY/VEL-2" has a 63mm diameter, and the resonator to the same mark "Bastuck HY/VEL-1" has a 63mm diameter too (and he linked with the Exhaust clamps 63-68mm to the pipe and the same to the catalyst).
We can look about the "magnaflow 10426", the diameter is 63mm too..
So, I deduce we can replace "Bastuck HY/VEL-1" to the "magnaflow 10426" like this schema that I modified ? :
schema.PNG

Two others questions :
Do you know stock catalyst dimensions ?
The Fox HY170000 do not directly fit ?

Thank :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After research, I understand that I will have problems with the catalyst... Indeed, if I don't want making modifications, I need to keep this part :
Capture.PNG

So, the solution is full cat-back (expensive), or if I can found this piece for example, it work :
Capture1.PNG

But I found only "full" exhaust (here or here, no just the part of this one :/

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just replacing the resonator is kind of pointless. The vast majority of back pressure and noise is a result of the muffler and downpipe. The VT can go without a muffler (laws permitting), a good resonoter (to reduce unwanted frequencies) and a high flow cat (to keep things legal). Some times is comes down to luck. In Australia for instance BOV's are not street legal, but I have been running them for years and never had an issue. Running 100 cel or catless is illegal pretty much everywhere but that does not stop most people :)

·
Super Moderator
5,344 Posts
I would think removing the the res will cause a lot of in cabin drone. There are some less expensive cat backs out there... but ya get what you pay for.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have you checked with a local muffler shop? I was in the Army in Germany on several tours and they have the same problem. But some shops know how to do mods so you can get away with it. Best solution will be to have 2 systems so you can change out before inspection. Blessings, Whiz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm.. :/
I understand
So what is the solution less expensive for you ?
Because, I don't want the BIG sound with big fat etc etc ^^' I just search a better sound, soft sound :)

·
Vendor
3,369 Posts
Nothing will be under $250, so you are going to have to come up in price in order to get a quality system that replaces all that under the car.

There is very little sound increase from replacing those parts, a majority of the sound is muffled by the muffler at the rear of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts