Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
i want AG's soooooo bbbbaaaaaddddd!!!!!!! lol i also want a bad ass low rider.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I AG's too man. But man, I just can't accept that fact that they are $4,000+ rims. rims get stolen ALL the time man! ONLY if I was balling out of control I wouldn't mind these getting stolen. But I am balling on a budget and if I see my expensive ass rims get stolen, ima for real cry!

And I want a bad ass low rider too. Ima get one. Ima try to convince my first boy to let that be his project car haha the second boy or first girl can have a hot rod.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
my wife won't let me get a low rider though she says she would be perpetuating a stereotype because she is hispanic lol. she saw one on counting cars the other night and she liked it so i might be able to convince her it would be cool lol.

·
Registered
163 Posts
NAV from PR, saw it in person, doesn't look bad, but still not loving 20s... image.jpg

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
it is though.

I mean, think about it. someone must have dropped a ton of cash to get their vette and make it look like this. It pisses me off. That money could have gone to something better. Even a bad ass lowrider with hydraulics would have been WAY cheaper and look 100x gangster than this god awful BS.

GadgetPros, Do not get all worked up in the BIG RIM fad. It is totally stupid. The same reason you want 20"s is the same reason that idiot with the vette did what he did. Because they want 20's, or 30's or just something to say "yeah them 20's". Bigger IS NOT better. Trust me. I use to think that was cool too, 10 years ago. Same time I thought spinners were cool. to me, people who want a certain size rim because that want to be part of the 20's+ fad know very little about how to make a car look nice. People use it as a money thing, to show you got money or something stupid like that imo. These rappers and all talking about big rims on their cadillac's and what nots. Just don't get sucked up in the big rims fad. it is totally tasteless.

If you want to fill the wheel gap, do not go with bigger rims. Drop your car. don't raise it. get a nice set of 18's, if you think you got money for 20's, then go with custom 18" Avant Garde's. That is a statement more than trying to add bigger rims.

it has nothing to do with bigger being better. I'm 36 years old and way past the big rim phase in my life. It has nothing to do with a statement. I could careless if anyone knows the size of my rims. i don't want to drop the car because I'm not much into the lowering scene. 20's aren't even big lol. I get what everyone is saying though and i appreciate the input.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the pics. I don't find it looks that bad at all. Now maybe if the car had some chrome choppers or hammers in 20" then yeah it'd look stupid. 20" tuner rims and 20" hood rat rims are 2 totally different looks.

without lowering the car a good bit the 18's just don't do it for me. Looking at the pic's with the 20's it almost looks like the wheel well and fender was designed for 20's. I guess it comes down to me seeing it in person.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
If all you are interested in is filling the wheel well (closing up the gap) I think the best way would be to choose a tire with a higher aspect ratio.

A benefit would be a softer ride and the appearance although higher would be hardly noticeable.

·
Banned
4,688 Posts
I AG's too man. But man, I just can't accept that fact that they are $4,000+ rims. rims get stolen ALL the time man! ONLY if I was balling out of control I wouldn't mind these getting stolen. But I am balling on a budget and if I see my expensive ass rims get stolen, ima for real cry!

And I want a bad ass low rider too. Ima get one. Ima try to convince my first boy to let that be his project car haha the second boy or first girl can have a hot rod.
Avant garde wheels? They're not that expensive. They're not even forged.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
^^^^^^ they are once you add tires with them. They are like $500 a rim.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
^^^^^^ they are once you add tires with them. They are like $500 a rim.
So you spend $500 a tire too? Lol $500 a rim is on $2000 not $4000....

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Reactions: scubasteve18

·
Registered
376 Posts
The only problem I would have running my car on 225/30/20 tire. The roads here in Cali or terrible and thin tires means trouble every where you go.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Those velosters with the 20's looks lifted to me. Still have lots of wheel gap except that one VC veloster. But I bet he rubs.

anyways, I guess it is just where I live that have me outlashing like that. EVERYBODY has these stupid big rims on their cars. it is ghetto. If you can make it look right, like that VC, go for it. Other than that, you will still have wheel gap and a lifted vt. 20's rims and tires cost more and to me it isn't worth it to me. EH.

btw...IMO.

No matter what GadgetPros, POST PICS YOOO! :D Let us know what size and what rims you want! I am still totally interested. Keep us posted on what you do.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts