Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Yaris... 0-60 mph is around 9 seconds on a good day...when I switched to VT, I felt like it was the fastest car in the world...than I slowly got used to the power, therefore I blew a crap load of money to get it to go even faster... but today I came across this interesting video of somebody turbocharging their Toyota Yaris....and spoiler alert...this Yaris would destroy our VT stock lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
I had a NAV with the DCT trans. Its was literally the slowest car I've ever owned. The VT is not the fastest car I've owned, but it probably is the most fun / well rounded.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
my very first car, a 3rd Generation Tercel (1.5L, 78hp) Enough said.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Dunno about a turtle, but does driving an automatic Jeep Wrangler count? As aerodynamic as a house brick, with the same handling characteristics as a plate of spaghetti :smile: .... but it was fun in the snow tho :wink:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I drove an automatic Toyota Matrix. After slamming and stancing it it was a neck breaker though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
2004 Scion xA - 1.5L, 103hp, 101ft-lbs. Both are autos, but the upgrade from 4 to 6 gears is huge. Driving at 75 in the Scion I was constantly at 4-4.5k RPM. It got really annoying really fast.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My first car, the one before my VT was an auto 04 Neon SXT. It wasn't necessarily slow since I clocked 0-60 at 8.9sec with 90k miles on it. It loved to be thrown into a corner and get all the wheels sliding but didn't handle very well for how good the tires were. The problem was that auto trans was crap if you wernt at the right speed because it refused to downshift. 34-60 took 3.2sec, but 35-70 took around 5-6 seconds because once it got into 3rd you better not expect to get anywhere in a rush. That 3rd gear felt longer than our 6th. I read the manual was much better and .5-.8 seconds faster to 60. The VT doesn't have the fastest 0-60 either but pulling from 2nd or 3rd it feels like triple or quadruple the power that thing had.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Its a story, not a sanctioned test. Ain't no Yaris, stock or modified, would beat my VT. The only category that it would beat my VT is milage on a tank of gas, that's it. A Yaris is a cheapo commute car, nothing else!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Had a 2012 green Hyundai Accent before my VT. Didn't care for it. Before that I had a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Both of these cars were turtle slow. Now that I have the VT I feel like I drive a NASCAR sometimes.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
09 Accent with 110 bhp and 110 tq
And i modded it to the limits of what was available other than turboing it.
My 87 rx7 still completely destroyed it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My wrangler was a turtle. It was slow as hell but would climb anything I could put my front wheels on.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Remember the yaris hybrid concept that has some odd 400 horsepower? That would be absolutely hilarious to see those massly produced.

My 2011 Accent hatch did 0-60 in 11 seconds flat. I had the 5 speed manual so it was at least somewhat fun to drive. It was so cheap that I drove it like a beater. No hub caps and I'd ramp train tracks and drive through any kind of crap. I miss it at times.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
1995 Ford Aspire running on 3 of its 4 cylinders, and I stopped driving it once it started running on only 2 lol. 1 week later I had my VT!!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
2007 Saturn ion. No embellishment needed here. Not the sporty one either. Sedan.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Remember the yaris hybrid concept that has some odd 400 horsepower? That would be absolutely hilarious to see those massly produced.

My 2011 Accent hatch did 0-60 in 11 seconds flat. I had the 5 speed manual so it was at least somewhat fun to drive. It was so cheap that I drove it like a beater. No hub caps and I'd ramp train tracks and drive through any kind of crap. I miss it at times.
I miss my accent too i really didnt care what happened to it cost me 9k. Beat the crap out of it drove it like i stole it everywhere so much fun in a slow car. took it off roading and just did everything i thought was cool to it..
still beat some honda boys with it considering how slow it was.

now i park miles away from everyone i inspect my car for scratches and dents more than i drive it.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
50 Participants
theunderdog
Veloster Turbo Forum
This is the Veloster Turbo forum where you can learn all the tips and mods to make your Hyundai Veloster Turbo faster and talk about the new Veloster N!
Full Forum Listing