Veloster Turbo Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
We still own our '04 Toyota Matrix with 176,000 miles on it. Slow as shit but the thing just won't die.
same thing with my wifes old Pontiac Vibe (same car)

that is the only car I was scared to get on the freeway with, but up until it was totaled it was a reliable DD

·
Registered
51 Posts
1996 Corolla 1.6L

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was driving a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis that was essentially a squad car and drive like a couch. That big ol' V8 put out around 200 horsepower and would drink gas through a straw. But she was good to me after having put 130k miles on it.

Flooring it would give off that signature sound of a cop car jumping into action then around 10 seconds later it would start flying... you know eventually.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2012 Chevy Cruze LS. It was the 1.8 non-turbo version, that engine was discontinued shortly later. It was a dog.
6 speed manual, but it was still a pain to get it up to 65mph. Zero passing power lol. When someone else drove it who had the same but AT, he said, my car is powerful compared to the AT, then he started to understand things, when it was always grinding between 1st-2nd, and just getting up on a tiny hill made the car run out of power, I could never get up without not slowing down to like 35mph and then back to 2nd gear and floor it to get back to 55mph. I like the look of it, but that engine was total garbage. No wonder it was discontinued and then only the turbo model offered, which isn't a lot better as I heard.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
About this Discussion
86 Replies
50 Participants
theunderdog
Veloster Turbo Forum
This is the Veloster Turbo forum where you can learn all the tips and mods to make your Hyundai Veloster Turbo faster and talk about the new Veloster N!
Full Forum Listing