Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I wish they didnt build the engine so we could see how far they could push stock

speaking of which does anyone know what the stock internals are made of

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Sweet Merciful crap!

GimmeGimmeGimme!
Sadly, the one huge draw to the VT was the gas mileage, I bet that redesign only gets about 22-26mpg... We shall see.. But if its still 35+ you better believe im gonna trade in!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Spoiler that comes out of the taillight on the near side?????

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I like the nose.

The stock Veloster has a lot of empty space in the nose to meet the EU pedestrian collision standard and to get it rounded enough to achieve a low CD and it's crazy high mileage.

When you quit worrying about that stuff and put a race car nose on it you can really see how little overhang the Veloster really has in the chassis.

I've been a huge fan of the "atomic pit bull" look since the Renault R5 and all the WRC cars since then - and is why I like the Veloster's look.

Hyundai has a couple options for racing the Veloster and this car isn't one of them. Either they are going to make a Veloster WRC car - which they have hinted - or they replace the Kia Forte/Koup with the Veloster in the Continental Challenge. If they go WRC they need an AWD version and if they go Continental Challenge they just need new sheet metal.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Rhys millen already made a veloster rally version with 500hp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts