Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering if anyone else on here from AU has a VT ordered. If you do, when did you place your order, what colour/trans did you order and when have you been told to expect delivery??

And for anyone with a VT in AU, have you replaced the std exhaust? If so, details pls - how much? Any change in performance? Where did you get it done?

And, has anyone changed the air intake? If so where did you get the replacement assembly from, how much, was there a noticeable performance change & was it easy to fit?

Cheers Beck :in love:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will def have a look at the other forum... I ordered a Manual VT Storm Trooper on 21 October with delivery 'estimated' at Jan 2013 (on NSW Central Coast) - apparently it's not even in production yet :-( I'm THE MOST impatient person in the universe so this wait is going to test me that's for sure... mean time I just have to live vicariously thru everyone else who's got theirs! ;-) one of the first things I'll do, apart from dark window tint, will be an exhaust so I'm keen to see what works, how much etc. the Matt Grey looks MAD TM do you plan on doing anything with it i.e. wheels, exhaust etc?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Looking at Exhaust options once it arrives, dont wanan go to loud as it is going to be the daily commuter for the wife. apart from that maybe SRI and then just cosmetic stuff, going to look at something similar to the show car doing the traps thats matte greay and orange but obviously not in orange lol wife and I are going to play with some other colours. cant bloody wait to get it though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The exhaust on mine does sound a little tougher and much more raw. I've done a few things to my car now including Rims (with stock tyres stretched to fit the 1" wider wheels), carbon fibre wrap over the side skirt silver paint to match and obviously the exhaust. Next on the list is a 1-1.5" Drop to finish it off then I'm done, nothing else that's pressing me to be done :wink:

·
Registered
67 Posts
;) Will look heaps better lowered, it looks a little out of place right now as it is...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guys & gals .... just wondering how we get on with warranty/insurance issues after modding the VT ? I don't mean new tyres .... more along the lines of exhaust (which shouldn't be a drama), but also tricking the turbo etc ? (which should void any warranty claims on the engine) - I wouldn't mind getting a slightly better tone out of the tail-pipe so might ask around exhaust shops after I pick up the VT.

Seemed like the right place to ask .... anybody have any ideas ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Exhaust Options

Looking at Exhaust options once it arrives, dont wanan go to loud as it is going to be the daily commuter for the wife.......
Hi all, just joined up after lurking the background for a while. Just had my work contract renewed for a further 3 years, so now I have a guaranteed income stream I will be placing an order soon. I am thinking MT in Metallic Veloster Red.

Regarding exhaust mods, has anyone considered exhaust cut outs ?? I think they maybe illegal here in Oz, but if you use them sensibly and make your dump pipe inconspicuous they are a great alternative to just removing your rear mufflers, which may be just as illegal. I removed the rear muffler from my VW Passat 20V-1.8T .... there are just some days I wish I could put it back on ... like trying to sneak home late at night.

Easily obtainable - ex US

Exhaust Cutouts

and Mr Google will show up plenty more.

Dugg Bobcat

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have ordered the Jun BL EVC catback exhaust, the adjustable one. I'm not taking chances on a car that's too noisy and the Jun BL stuff looks good in the photos around. I will let you know how it sounds and will post a clip (and use my db meter to get the actual noise levels). Probably in the new year after it arrives and I get it fitted. The rest of the car will remain stock for warranty purposes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts